Zeubin's 1972 Datsun 240z

flyingbrick

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah it looks very good man, I assume being in the Z club you know all the places to double check for rott and terribleness although looking at it, I would doubt it has any problems. I can't imagine it needing a lot for re-VIN other than the stupid high-stop lamp.

Looks to potentially have had some minor touch-ups on the guards maybe?

How's the interior?

• Like 2

There is minor rust coming through the rear of the front guards but nothing major. 

I think there has been a rust demolition in the tail sill and hatch near the key button but 

Yeah it looks very good man, I assume being in the Z club you know all the places to double check for rott and terribleness although looking at it, I would doubt it has any problems. I can't imagine it needing a lot for re-VIN other than the stupid high-stop lamp.

Looks to potentially have had some minor touch-ups on the guards maybe?

How's the interior?

For interior the seats need a bit of love. but hood lining, door cards, dash and carpets are mint :)

Unsure of touch ups on the guards but nothing noticeable. There is minor rust in the front guards coming through and I'm fairly sure the rear hatch sill has been replaced or repaired in the past but nothing new coming up through there.

I'll get it on the road and drive it until the rust bothers me too much then do a full scorched earth approach on the rust before a repaint to match the original paint in the engine bay.

• Like 1

Your finger must have been on the trigger when that popped up on the Z club forum.

Pahiatua right? Why was it parked up for so long?

Goes to show, there are still absolute gems out there hidden away in garages.

Congrats man, looks like a real beaut.

• Like 1

Your finger must have been on the trigger when that popped up on the Z club forum.

Pahiatua right? Why was it parked up for so long?

Goes to show, there are still absolute gems out there hidden away in garages.

Congrats man, looks like a real beaut.

Yeah man Pahiatua. Took 5 hours driving each way with the trailer but worth every minute. 

The wife of the owner told us he had bought a Nissan Patrol or something like that which I'm guessing was easier for him to get in and out of so he just drove that for a daily and when the rego lapsed on the Z he didn't re-vin so she sat there hibernating. 

I had almost given up on finding one after 5 months of searching here and in the states. Started looking at 350z's on trademe  and when I found out about this I had no hesitation.

Really excited to get her on the road.

• Like 4