Dannybattie 1973 Colt 1600 - Discussion

Dannybattie

//oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/47813-dannybattie-1973-colt-1600/

Discussion here - see link for project

Advice on what to replace the 4G32 Saturn Engine with?

Keen to keep costs down and ideally looking to keep the swap fairly straight forward. But a 2 liter and extra power would be nice.

4G61/4G62/4G63 ?????

Any advice on engine upgrades/swaps??

• 1 month later...

The best option for a low cost repower is a sohc 4g63. If you keep it carb its pretty much bolt in. Theres lots of info online and i've done a sohc turbo conversion on my colt.

With a non turbo 4g63 you should be fine with the factory brakes and 8 bolt diff, just make sure theyre in good condition. Lowering blocks in the rear and low springs in front will help it out. I think you can use ex lancer ones, but im not sure. Either way ex struts swap straight over, the brakes are different but are easier for parts.

Id look at putting some bolt ons on the front too and some wider rims to go with. It'll balance out the look of the car a bit. Car looks really good though, very tidy. Another site for colts is Classic Colt, lots of support there too. Good luck with it mate.