Chris R's various honda thread including punishing modern non os daily driver updates

chris r

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The crx was getting a bit fumy when driving it. I figured it'd be the exhaust tip being tucked in too much and remembered I had ordered a tip off ebay a while ago so welded it on. It has helped with the smells a bit

VgrGaJx.jpg

I also figured out one cause of the water leaks, the sunroof is chooched

wRhdgcA.jpg

vlL2ors.jpg

it is beyond my skillset to fix so I've done some googling and found this http://www.fiberworxonline.com/Honda-CRX-(88-91)/CRX-Fibreglass-FX-Sunroof-Bung

hopefully shipping wont be too bad. I found lots of replacement panels but the pan is rusty and all the actuators are rusty and broken. A bonus with the plug is there will actually be room for a helmet 

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, RUNAMUCK said:

I'll ling up your build thread some more Chris,
Do you know which (if any) Hondas were B16a in the USDM?
I'd like to rock auto some cheap parts, but dont know where to look?

1 hour ago, Willdat? said:

1994 Crx Del Sol was B16a3. @RUNAMUCK

Electrical stuff like coils and dizzies will be different but mechanical should be the same 

Suspension wise its the same except for the radius rod bushes which are da integra. I just find the energy suspension part number and you can get them offf Rock auto 

• 2 weeks later...

Dude on Facebook selling the shuttles ghosted me which is probably a good thing. 

The crx roof and bumper are sanded and I've dropped it off for paint. 

The rasp from me fitting the wrong resonator is annoying me more and more so I might have to weld in the right one. I ordered turbo reso the first time instead of a na with the extra chamber to reduce the rasp. 

Part of me hopes it won't sell before drag day so I can try and beat the last time but I also want it gone before the end of the year 

• 2 weeks later...

Remember how I said the headers were close but cleared the rad?.....

Vi4wNEF.jpg

well they don't. I was wondering why the gauge was cooler than normal and I had to keep topping up the coolant.

A new EF half size rad is more than I want to spend and probably too wide as well. I had a look through a few radiator catalogues online and found nothing that'd work. I thought about walking around zebra/pick a part with a tape measure but chances of success were slim. My inner barry then remembered something about the americans using a VW radiator. A little bit bit of google fu and the mk1/2 golf radiators apparently fit nicely under the rad slam panel where the ac condenser used to go, bonus is they have the same hose size as the b18 so less mucking around. Only downside is it has no filler but I can either get a inline filler or go raid a newer car for its remote filler and get a piece of pipe welded onto the rad. 
I found a alloy rad on trademe for less than the ef half size so I've ordered that. The measurements all seem to work out so hopefully it fits. 

the buyer also pulled out, then said the crx wasn't for him.

• Like 4

I scrounged around pick a part today and came away with a jazz filler/cap assembly and a alto rad hose/thermostat housing. 16 dollars sure  beats the 40-100 for inline fillers that are too big anyway. Next week the rad should arrive and I'll get the filler welded up and i'll be away laughing... hopefully

Can pretend it looks factory too.

e6dBbSC.jpg

• Like 6

The courier woke me up yesterday with a present. J9i9auq.jpg

The vw rad is pretty close to stock size and twice the thickness so shouldn't have any problems 

pNbX3Ar.jpg

I needed to trim the bottom of the rad support a tad so the bonnet latch and t bar would clear so but clearing stuff now. I have to make some brackets to mount it. 

KoH2vIX.jpg

I've got a guy keen on the crx but he wanted the back seat etc 

This pipped up on Facebook for fairly cheap so I jumped on it. Bonus of reg on hold injected and manual too so I've got a home for the integra motor now. 

70DoG4V.jpg

So much for having less cars.... 

• Like 6

Swapped the resonators around. Double check part numbers before you order expensive adrenalinR stuff... Second one is the chambered one I meant to order which should stop the raspyness. Annoyingly it's a smaller body than the one I removed so I'll need to make new hangers. Plus side of being smaller is I won't catch it on bumps and stuff now. 

It sounds louder now but that could be because it's in the garage. I've got a coby style reso I'll trim to fit in that short straight section which will hopefully reduce the volume a bit. 

czFWzaX.jpg

• Like 4