Chris R's various honda thread including punishing modern non os daily driver updates

chris r

27 minutes ago, mjrstar said:

Should go well in that lightweight body if the stock b18cr in my caged ek is anything to go by. It sounds pretty solid in the mid-range before it jumps to the high cam, presumably the off vtec lobes are a bit more aggressive than stock cams which is where good gains can be made.

In comparison my ek sounds like it tapers off a bit before vtec kicks in

Good stuff.

It made 110wkw on the low cam before jono started tuning vtec. He said he usually lowers the vtec point on stock cams but with these ones  it's engaging higher than stock. 

This is from jono the tuner 

That was a nice result on this dyno. I'm happy with it.

To compare apples with apples, here is a b18cr (stock and tuned) on the same dyno 

105wkw stock - 115wkw tuned 

photostudio_1462445798491.jpg.e88248220b

• Like 1

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The drivers seat started rocking even more so I had to do something about it. 

Bent up some 3 or 4 mm plate and hot glued it into place. The other side had just started to crack so that got welded up too. 

On the drive home I thought it felt Down on power. Got home and the rear disc was glowing so that was probably the cause. @piazzanoob the gc will take a look at it for me so it should be ready for drag day. 

IMG_20171204_180712919IMG_20171204_202543767IMG_20171204_194940505

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Nothing like basic maintaince shots. New rear pads and rotors. I got a deal on the hp+ pads for the front. The rotors are OK and just needed a skim. 

IMG_20180808_181156006_LL

I'm hunting down some radius arm bushesand some early accord radius rods. Third gear still crunches at high rpm, if/when i pull the box out ill get a aftermarket lsd as the factory spec viscous one is unpredictable 

• Like 1

I've ordered some re003s today as they have a buy 3 get one free deal going at the moment.I'll drop my spare wheels off and get them fitted tomorrow hopefully.

I'm looking forward to actually having grip! I should be able to use first gear in the wet now

If you are going to get a decent plate lsd you will need a good lsd oil- honda mtf is no good. I would recommend an m factory carbon synchro set to work properly with an aftermarket lsd oil. 

Standard honda gearbox won't work well with the likes of motul ffl lsd but is mint with the carbon synchros..

• 1 month later...
On 09/08/2018 at 20:15, mjrstar said:

If you are going to get a decent plate lsd you will need a good lsd oil- honda mtf is no good. I would recommend an m factory carbon synchro set to work properly with an aftermarket lsd oil. 

Standard honda gearbox won't work well with the likes of motul ffl lsd but is mint with the carbon synchros..

I had a sharn to my gearbox guy and he said the carbon synchros are good but often the springs etc are fucked so I'll be ordering a oem kit for now 

On 09/08/2018 at 20:58, 66gt said:

Taking the CRX to the drags this year?

Yip that's the plan 

Since the gearbag has to be opened to fix the synchro i ordered this. Its only a helical but i don't do enough motorsports to justify a plate diff 

IMG_20180924_133705253IMG_20180924_133801078

• Like 9

• 2 months later...

I noticed the crx was loosing a bit of coolant and it did wees one day. Pulled rad out and yup that'll be it 

IMG_20181205_164443

I'll need to decide if I go new half Suze or get a full size one. Both will not be a direct replacement. 99% of the replacements I've found are not for the vtec motors as they have smaller hose inlets 

I'm sick of smashing the 4-1 headers on the ground constantly so I've been keeping a eye out. I found some headers that A guy had been trying to sell for a while and made a lowish offer which he accepted. Went to collect them and had a chat, Turns out he'd changed headers and gone to a half sized rad and his old stock rad so I scored that too for a good price. The mid section of the exhuast will need redoing to suit the new manifold. I've bitten the bullet and ordered a AdrenalinR resonator as I'm getting sick of the droning so hopefully It'll quieten it down and stop some of the droning on the motorway. I'll have to move the rear exhaust flange as I was dumb and put it above the swaybar and it sometimes hits and rattles

IMG_20181211_211400

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I've been chipping away at the crx exhaust over the last while, flexi is welded into the reso and I've started taking the bends for the rest of the exhaust. I'll have to take it for a drive once it's finished and see if it's still drony and annoying. 

I talked to panel beater and asked if he wanted the shuttle gone as he has been too busy to work on it for the last while. He did so @Shakotom @MichaelJFox

Helped me go pick it up. (thanks Tom for pic) 

received_371119053684712

I gave @MichaelJFoxa hand with his car tonight and was motivated to do some stuff on the shuttle, bolted on the bumper again and gave the brakes a quick bleed (they need redoing) and got some fresh fuel. I'll tidy some stuff up tomorrow and attempt a wof later this week 

IMG_20190115_225808

• Like 8