Chris R's various honda thread including punishing modern non os daily driver updates

chris r

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lisa said the car was smoking and smelling horrible smells on the drive home. There was a big puddle under it when I got home and checked. I thought I had fucked a trans seal or something. 

Turns out I pinched the sump gasket. I managed to loosen the bolts and stuff it back in. Hopefully it lasts long enough for me to find the energy to pull it all apart again 

OZQ59iz.jpg

• Sad 6

That's enough productivity for the week 

txcW9dL.jpg

Both front lower arms and front shocks replaced with new (to the car) parts. Changed engine and gearbag oils. 

New (to the car again) zebra radiator and thermostat. 

tvHWrvN.jpg

DoGZSU8.jpg

Rads in. I thought it was sitting lower than it should, its the same size as what came out 

Hmmm

w0swPZZ.jpg

Hmmm

LHg1VOW.jpg

That might just do it... 

Reused moubts and called it good. Wanged some rad flush in and replaced the rear wheel bearings and parking brake hardware 

nV5YGjN.jpg

It's a million times easier to fuck around with the drums with the hub/bearing assembly out of the way 

OL3qq0x.jpg

xcC1aQX.jpg

Rock autod the brake stuff. Landed pads, parking brake shoes and two wheel bearing/hub assemblies for the price of one bearing/hub assembly here. 

Doesn't get hot, the fans cycle and do what they should and the 'noisy tyres' are fixed with new wheel bearings. 

Wof shop can fit the tyres when they do the wof 

• Like 3

I was mega restless today so finally pulled the radio out of daily. Its had sticky buttons since I fitted the nz new radio. 

Exploded it into a million pieces 

cug97W9.jpg

Scored some heated mirrors from zebra so wanted the button to match. No of course it wouldn't be that easy 

4Q06ZlL.jpg

h7vwyfi.jpg

Cleaned the human slime/mysterious brown smoo out of the buttons and pit everything back together fingers crossed it still works/the fan control buttons actually work now

55zmYS0.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Radio refitted, fan down button still doesn't work so switch itself is fucked. Cbf fixing it so I'll get another radio and this can go to the wagon.

The beagle decided it wanted to weep coolant out of the drain plug after. Lucky I'm a hoarder and kept the one out of the wagon for reasons. Swapped it and and all fixed 

2PBwkOo.jpg Fitted the heated mirrors on the daily. I had hoped that the looms would be the same but they aren't. Luckily I grabbed a bit of loom when I got the mirrors. They just need a extra wire for the heater. I'll trace/run it in the future but I've repinned the plug for now 

OJC9vrm.jpg

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

The fan in the beagle only working on full speed was getting annoying. 

The correct blower resistor is nla everywhere, I've been looking for years. Was sharing to my uncle a while ago and he gave me some high power resistors 

Twist tape AND soldered them in 

ZzC8pSd.jpg

Unceremoniously shoved in GFOpud9.jpg

Auto speed control even works now. What luxury having multiple fan speeds 

• Like 3

Overnight parts from rock auto. 

eTnVtWQ.jpeg

The shuttle started intermittently missing, I did plugs cap leads etc a while ago. Only thing I didn't replace was the coil so ordered another. 

Pull everything out and make sure its precariously positioned 

XEGKn7t.jpg

carefully put the screws in the box so you dont loose them. Then knock everything on the ground

hmR3SGr.jpg

One screw escaped the box

YopXgWX.jpg

new coil in and we'll have to wait for our next big outing to the shop to see if it still misses - It was super intermittent and only really missed at idle in traffic so time will tell

Ive been wanting some oe style tips for the churbo one and they were cheap enough and shipping wasn't any more so I grabbed a couple at the same time as the coil as it cost no extra for the shipping

4IoIOfd.jpeg

I've been reading up on trubo manifold runner sizes and come to the conclusion that the piping size I ordered is the right size afterall, Had all sorts of barry ideas as to how I'd match the pipe up to the oval header flange. Found sinco make reducers so ordered a set and they arrived - They'll be close enough and I can weld/die grind the rest

qJi4c0N.jpg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, sheepers said:

you can buy generic type heater fan resistor units off old american type things then un solder the resistor coils off them and put them onto your OEM resistor mount.

is super easy.

i can give you a part number if you need it. 

I didn't think of that! Part number would be handy thanks xoxo

So Lockdown trawling has resulted in me owning another honda wagon. 

This one is In Wellington so it'll be a while until I get it 

Salvage auction, still wof and reg its a 01 so yearly wofs which is a bonus- Description is vandalized all panels damaged and selling registered - Externally it looks okay/normal wear and tear and it has roof rails which the accord wagon doesnt. 

looks to have ignition shrouds smashed and possibly ignition damage - Nothing a trip to pap/zebra wont fix

Its done nearly 300 thousand km so will be perfect to drive home right?

Facelift orthia which I have been mildly pining for ages and the price was right, Awd which is a bonus but auto which isn't. I'll have to keep a eye out for a manwell CRV to rob the gearbag from.

I've got some suspension in stock to lower it and will find another block and keep a eye out for a vtec head for doorts/ more powers. I'll keep a eye out for some smaller less yuck wheels (15s)

H8lXHPq.jpg

zZVfpV4.jpg

G07w51F.jpg

3dMnSQN.jpg

zaGSUem.jpg

Anyone want a accord wagon? Will wof then attempt to find it a new home

• Like 9