Chris R's various honda thread including punishing modern non os daily driver updates

chris r

Spent money I shouldn't on fancy titanium dress up stuff and some new rocker cover seals/washers 

IMG_20210328_114126.jpg

I've been having a bit of fuel surge when under half a tank since fitting a different fuel pump. I'll need to check I've not installed it too high. 

The shuttles have a saddle tank to clear the diff/driveshaft and the pump is kinda centeral/in one saddle. 

While checking through products on the website through work I the radium jet pump which should sort some of my issues. I've also orderd some fuel baffle foam to have around the pump to try and prevent the surging. 

Jet_Pump-Return_System.png

20-0180_3.jpg

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Popped down to Wellington a few weeks ago for a family get together and squeezed in a quick pick a part trip. Grabbed a intake manifold I've been looking for for ages. Honda Barrys say its the best stock factory manifold and has similar performance to the spenny aftermarket manifolds. 

Had a nosey around and found a rover civic thing that had a interesting rocker cover so I grabbed that. Motor had only done 57000 km so seals etc were mint. (not leaking as much as what's on there now). I also found the correct dizzy for the motor that's in there now so I'll have timing in the right spot and have more than one bolt holding the dizzy in

Wanged the rocker cover on over the weekend 

lz0IpLG.jpg

• Like 8

Attacked the dizzy with a angle grinder today to remove the internal coil mounts and trimmed the shaft where the rotor used to go. 

The later motors don't have a vtec oil pressure switch and the Solenoids have a blanking bolt, I nabbed one in one of my pap/zebra missions and fitted that today too 

xQBZL5p.jpg

cZA87w8.jpg

• Like 6

Just for something to do I gave the rail a polish 

lpD01bN.jpg

Grabbed a metric to an6 fitting for the fuel inlet and did a test for with the lines I had, there isn't enough clearance with the tb and throttle cable. 

I spent far too long thinking about and looking for a solution then I remembered one of our suppliers has a nice banjo fitting 

Qu91o9A.jpg

Spent some time looking for a low profile M12x1.25 banjo bolt, everything was out of budget (sub 20)

Had a poke around on the Honda catalogue and the fuel tank banjo bolt is coated and the same thread and was $5

The barry in me is constantly annoyed with the bonnet rod plastic retainer being broken so I ordered one of those at the same time 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Finally had our container shipment arrive at work. 13 pallets of parts. 

Right at the bottom of the last pallet was my vibrant muffler.

I wanted to keep the oe style twin tips but twin 3" is a bit too rfb for me. It's 3" Inlet and twin 2.5 out 

I'll replace the mid muffler/reso with the big adrenalinr I've had in my hoard for ages (as long as it fits) 

Will save up and price up some stainless bends so it all looks purty and shiny 

jg4PKIU.jpg

DHv30KZ.jpg

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

More punishing daily updates.

My genuine eurro R honda shifter lock nut (amayama is great) as my ocd has finally been annoyed after a few years of looking at the shift knob being crooked. Yes the cars a mess 

iGTClZb.jpg

MBR1ksd.jpg

A8PAfzx.jpg

LSmQlhf.jpg

• Like 7

Had a look at the rear brakes on the wagon - handbrake had all the travel and didn't work. Ordered pads/parking brake shoes as they were both a bit sad.

Trying my luck with local rotors - rock are 111 landed for a pair.

The "Those tires are super noisy and sound like buggered bearings but aren't" were actually rumbling wheel bearings after all. A quick poke around amayama and the legend or acura RL rear bearings are the same as the wagon - Thanks honda lego. Ordered a set off rock too. Hopefully that's everything parts wise 

• Like 3

I'm running evo wheels becuse the daily came with yuck random alloys.

They run a shank nut so are a pain in the dick to center properly. 

Aliexpressed some Hubcentric adapters over as the two places I asked locally couldn't do them. I'm living in denial about the vibrations on the motorway being the inner cv and hoping these help 

gdKNEVU.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Finally got around to getting the daily reflashed, it has made a massive difference(yes there's no dyno done and some placebo going on) vtax lowered a bunch so there no dip before it engages. Mid range has improved a bunch which was a bit lacking before. 

Makes good vtax noises earlier now and goes hard azz gee. 

Both mine and Mrs Chrisr but dybos say its heaps better 

• Like 3

Wanged some radiator flush in the new wagon and ran it, it got hot again. Hoses were cold so no flow 

Barry fixed it 

ubFpeZZ.jpg

Radiator is mildly worying but held pressure spill. Refit the hose and call it good

ONekxHk.jpg

Floppy mount is floppy 

Y3gRuaP.jpg

• Like 3