Chris R's various honda thread including punishing modern non os daily driver updates

chris r

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Attempted a stationary cooling test and it did a soft limiter at 4500 so I'll have to double check the vss wiring. I had a quick look and the signal wire had 5v on it which I don't think is right I have probably connected the wrong wire somewhere.

The rear muffler leaks where I was a noob and burnt through so I'll try rangi a patch on for now. If it is still shit ask someone who can actually weld to sort the whole rear section out as i've probably fucked it. Arc welding doesn't work good on thin steel.

Two of the 3 gauges have failed so I'll ditch them and remove the senders

I made a mount for the battery box/battery to sit on. The small plate goes under the car and hopefully it will support the tray enough

JdHZmJU.jpg

After a quick test on a friends car and a check of a diagram I had the sensor connected wrong. Easy fix. I've got a non fucked sensor on its way. 

The ass of this is quite light. It just drags the back wheels along while doing a single peel. But nankangs smoke good. 

Just need to fix muffler, fuel leaks, hunting idle, fill coolant, put trim in, replace crank pulley, Mount/finish battery tray, fix sunroof leak, get heater working, get passengers mirror working and I can see what it fails a wof on. 

Then dyno and pull the gearbag out and put a lsd in and ditch the puk clutch. Then hopefully do a skid with both wheels 

It's funny what you find when you tidy up the hoard. I had a spare gearbox with the right sensor all along. I'll have another spare now. Chucked a few layers if clear on the guard and it looks really good from a few meters away so I'll bolt it up tomorrow and call it a result 

• Like 2

Because I am a rough cunt and don't like water dripping on my head I siliconed up the sunroof panel gaps. I could take it out but on the off chance one turns up I'd like it to work. Picked up a crank pulley so I'll try swap that around tomorrow and figure out mounting the power steer pump. Yes I'm putting it back in but when I end up takin it on the track less effort and less turns lock to lock will be nicer, And my shoulder is going to take months to get back to where it was before the accident.

The shuttle got some attention today too. I slapped some clear coat on the guard yesterday afternoon and bolted it up today. The colour match isn't perfect but I am happy the overall job considering I painted it on the lawn with a rattle can. There is a couple of small dents and flakes in the guard but meh. Where are you going to find parts for this?

dpdeKL8.jpg

• Like 2

I finally started a thread on the Honda forum and a guy had a photo of it before it was black. From my wire brushing in the engine bay it looks like it's been sprayed over the original paint has anyone got tips/tricks for removing the black layer? I've splashed some acetone over it and it softens it but I think I'll need heaps to make a dent in it. 

I was thinking about making up a heat shield for the extractors. Yes I could wrap them but that's the easy way right

Pulled out the rangi fuel line and figured out why it was weeping... I had not tightened up one of the bolts enough. Monday I'll see about getting one made up so it fits nicely. Fuel coming out is still nice and clean so I call that a win. When I see if the shop has the jack I'll get them to make up a nicer version of this

sshQRg1.jpg

I was looking for something else in the garage today and picked up a bracket and thought that looks familiar. Turns out it was a power steering pump bracket for a B series ef i've done a quick test fir and the profile is correct but the lower bracket is too high as the B18 block is slightly taller than the B16.. Luckily the brackets are only held together by a 10mm bolt so I'll whip that off and test fit the pump another day. Now i have all the parts sorted engine side. The subframe is out of the parts car so fingers crossed the rack fits and I dont need ef8 specific tierod ends as they are discontinued

oJxTffy.jpg

Edit: can A mod change the thread title to chrisrs gay hondas or something?

• Like 2

So in order to fix one potiental fuel leak I now have created two. I forgot to ask for a fitting that uses a crush washer instead of the taper seal. I remembered after I found the leak. So of course now the fuel rail is ugly and if I get the correct fitting it'll still leak. Oh and the filter end leaks too.  I'll try new crush washers and a correct fitting on the rail end and see how it goes.

Update: I popped in to enzed and got some crush washers, talked to the guy and he suggested trying a o ring. As soon as I got it finger tight it pinched the o ring and spat it out one corner. I have tried loctite in the threads instead of thread tape so i'll let that cure and try tomorrow. Failing that I'll be rangi/a rough cunt and use that metal epoxy stuff to seal it once and for all. It says its fuel resistant on the box so It has to work right?

I put the water pump on the churbo motor and then put on and took off the timing belt 3 times because I forgot stuff. First time I forgot the engine mount bracket, Second time I had forgotten the plastic stone/dust shield and 3rd because I hadnt torqued any of the cam cap/bearing bolts

• Like 1

Another day full of win. I left the loctite to chooch overnight and it worked perfect. Once I took a hour to diagnose a blown fuse.... New copper crush washers did the trick on the filter too. Happy with that result. I set the idle stop screw so now it actually idles and no more hunting. Attempted to do a stationary cooling test but the back is so light it drags it along, It has lots of revs now and speedo seems to be working still. it isnt too loud with the cannon gone and the muffler not leaking The loudest part is the gearbox now

• Like 2

Popped into zebra and grabbed the radius arms out of a old accord so now I can adjust the caster easily. I'm glad I found out about the accord arms! The bushes for the arms also turned up so perfect timing on that.

The mounting centers look the same as the Civic ones but the holes are a tiny bit smaller, Easy fix though. I picked up some recaros to replace the ones in the crx. Drivers side squab has come out and they aren't that comfortable

9RzInkD.jpg