Chris R's various honda thread including punishing modern non os daily driver updates

chris r

Cleaned up the passengers loom and it's now retained and won't get eaten by the alternator pulley. Engine loom is ready to go in. The body loom that plugs into the engine is a tad long but I'm not going to shorten it and make another potential fault point

IMG_20161207_114114015_zpsvz86lohf.jpg

IMG_20161207_120615609_zps2s2mefgp.jpg

• Like 1

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ecu was dropped off this morning . What a gc. It's even named. It has a standard type r integra tune until I get it to the dyno and we can tune it better. It'll be interesting to see how many killer wasps it has. I'll be disappointed if it has less them my c10.

I updated the list with things left to do. Somehow it got longer?

IMG_20161208_104459069_zpsq1w4vcdo.jpg

IMG_20161208_112015182_zpshcjivdbh.jpg

• Like 1

Made a air box for this today, Just need to get intake welded up and make a bracket for the top so it doesn't vibrate. Will get some silicon joiners tomorrow.

Did way too much and am in lots of pain/nausea too. Failed miserably at doing the exhaust too. no pics of that

15515768_10154386911728999_1169227482_o_

15540386_10154386911788999_1293010332_o_

No pictures today but engine loom is mostly in just need to plug a few things in. Cooling system has a new replacement hoses and the heater is correctly plumbed so might actually do something. If my dizzy/parts turn up I'll be able to see if my wiring works

Still no parts. But smashed lots of stuff off the list today. No pics as I was grubby as. Fuel tank is secure, konis are swapped from shuttle to the crx. Shirt shifter and new bushes are in. The engine loom has clips holding it in place the gauges are wired up properly and work. It now cranks off the key and alternator light seems to be behaving. Ive done another earth for the motor so vtec will pop harder and it'll make a million powers. (really the factory earth was shit and I've fixed it on this car before)

I still need to sort the rear muffler out and find/make a bracket for one brake line and lots of electrical stuff

My bits turned up from rock auto and so did the s/h dizzy. I chucked a new coil and rotor in the dizzy along with a s/h ignitor. The cap I ordered was too small so I'll have to go genuine on that but its not too bad. threw the ht leads on and it started second try. Didn't work the first as I forgot to plug some stuff in. warmed it up and no fault codes and the rad fans cycle nicely so I'll call that a win. I've tacked up the muffler/exhaust and given it to a friend who can actually weld so finish it off. Hopefully I actually got it right. I still need to sort out the vss plug and the 02 sensor wire and I can say the engine bay wiring is good enough. still have to sort out the interior

15628641_10154413539238999_1199979312_o_

15608592_10154413539328999_474910528_o_z15657941_10154413539438999_59822348_o_zp

• Like 4

Did a few small things yesterday. Got some small clips that sit in the guard for the park lights and a coin tray that isn't holy. Put some non tinted tail lights on and pissed around getting all the bulb holders to play nic. Dizzy cap turned up so that's on now too.

It had a miss on cylinder 4. It had spark and I doubt it was the injector. I thought I'd drain the tank before I replace the fuel filter and get rid of the who knows how old fuel. As it was pumping I noticed it was quite aerated, my guess is because the rail inlet is close to cyl 4 injector it's getting bubbles etc instead of fuel. I'll pull the pump out in the new year and check the height compared to the bottom of the tank.

I was talking to mjrstar when I collected the wheels and he mentioned that someone he knew was racing a ef and had some accord radius arms that let him adjust the caster a bit. I did some digging and I believe it's the third generation accords. I know of someone who has/had had a few and he has confirmed that they are adjustable so now I need to find some.

I am intending on putting them in the shuttle as apparently the da knuckles change the caster somewhat. But I figure if I'm pulling them out to replace the bushes it's not a bad thing to have some adjustability

EF suspension is relevant to my interests. I'm wanting to go stock or slightly higher on my Beagle. It's a shame civicwagon is such a pain to post on as there is some expertise there. I'm interested in some rallyish spec adjusties as I may as well live the dream rather than spend $1k on OEM shocks...

There are a few guys who have lifted theirs over the states bit I seriously doubt it's anywhere near legal here.

It has been a bit slow there for a while

I have some stock front 4wd ef suspension here if you want it I'll have to double check my other hoard for the rears

On 12/24/2016 at 5:28 PM, chris r said:

There are a few guys who have lifted theirs over the states bit I seriously doubt it's anywhere near legal here.

It has been a bit slow there for a while

I have some stock front 4wd ef suspension here if you want it I'll have to double check my other hoard for the rears

Yeah the recipe the US guys use sounds interesting, but fundamentally a little dodgy. My stock shocks are ok - no excess bounce in them etc. but I do like the idea of winding it up and down as it only gets an off road outing once or twice a year.

On 12/24/2016 at 5:28 PM, mjrstar said:

Beagle - Crv stuff would be worth a look if you swap the rear lower Control arms(fork mount not eye mount)

No guarantees but if you can find some cheap enough would be worth a look.

Yeah that is an interesting idea, will keep an eye out.

4wd stuff is shuttle/beagle specific and they have the longest sorings/are the highest stock out of the da/ef. Dc/Eg stuff will raise a ef (by how much don't know).

I put dc lowering springs in my shuttle after taking out a similar spring and it is higher,but in my case I'm happy