Chris R's various honda thread including punishing modern non os daily driver updates

chris r

I've had this (and many other hondas) for 7 years and been playing with it for most of that.  Its the intrac model so has (had) abs and rear lsd.

The orignal motor and clutch was toast so I chucked a sohc vtec in it. i've put 280mm mini rotors on the front with prelude calipers and its lowered on neuspeed race springs and koni shocks. I've taken the a/c and powersteering out. Currently it has a non vtec ssohc in it as the other motor is getting built at the moment.

_HSS4091.jpg

_HSS4088.jpg

I put a midwing and facelift bumper on it 

P1040018_zpsa4059a05.jpg

P1030026.jpg

Its Slightly tidier now but I have no pictures 

• Like 4

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I loaded this up with 3 people and all their stuff for a weekend and it didn't scrape too much. Only mishap was the exhaust coming off its hanger after some spirited gravel road driving.. I finally got around to putting some sound deadening/heat resistant stuff on the firewall and the stuff actually works. for the first time since owning the car I no longer get hot feet/legs when going for long drives. I chucked some in the boot and it has quietened the road noise a bit too.

Got a pic to show the bay with the wiretuck

IMG_0010_zpswrqvlc3v.jpg

• 2 months later...

The new engine is getting balanced so its getting closer to being finished. I've just ordered pretty much all of the suspension bushes for this.I will need to crack into mounting the interfooler and piping as my tuner is heading away in 7 weeks

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I got carried away putting it back together so only got one boring photo. New red bushed -wow so exciting. THey didnt have any black in stock when I ordered them. both lower ball joint rubbers need to be replaced (i'll have to think about a heat shield for them or something). All that is left to do suspension wise is replace the bent shock and install the upper camber mounts I have a couple of sets of these https://www.ingallseng.com/35700-35710-camber-adjusting-control-arm-mounts.html Hopefully they can sort out some of the caster too

image_zpszoaluz5q.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Popped into the engine builders and my short block is ready. Its costing a bit more than I expected but its had a fiar bit of machining and will hopefully take all the abuse I can throw at it. I need to finish my interfooler piping off and dummy up the dump pipe. I'll slap my big injectors and 3 bar map sensor on the current motor and make sure its runing nicely with my base tune on the ecu before running in the new bottom end

• 2 weeks later...

No photos of motor yet. It got reversed into by a truck today and despite my hoarding shuttle parts I only have a spare guard. I'm in the process of getting quotes to get it fixed. It looks like it needs a guard and bumper/bumper support. Luckily there is little damage to the frame/chassis.

Now I have a total of zero cars I can drive hahaIMG_20160310_172420676_zpsaiciiwav.jpgIMG_20160310_172454722_zpsz2jynmbg.jpg