Chris R's various honda thread including punishing modern non os daily driver updates

chris r

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got some bumper clips spare rails and dash trim. I saw there was a ef at zebra so grabbed the steering wheel so I have the correct wheel for max foamer points. I also got a replacement seat belt which retracts all the time instead of most of the time. 

IMG_20171029_111633710_HDR

Replaced the bumper brackets so there Isn't a screw holding the bumper level. 

IMG_20171029_125207953IMG_20171029_130218026_HDR

While the bumper was off I went to replace the radius rod bushes but apparently the ef8 ones are different. One of the previous owners just replaced the outer two. While I had everything apart I put the better ones on the inside so it'd be easier to replace. 

IMG_20171029_131201256IMG_20171029_131240474

I also figured out the fuel smell. My initial guess was the vent was leaking. It was a loose hose clamp. I initially tightened it with a screwdriver bhut clearly didn't get it. It didn't leak when I was level, only when I had it jacked up. Glad I only did a few km

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dyno is booked for Tuesday so that'll be a nice birthday present to myself. It'll be good to have vtec so I can rice around and be a pest. 

I take back what I said about the exhaust volume. It's too loud for me, on the motorway it's good but anywhere else it's pretty loud. I'll splash out on a adrenalinr muffler a bit later and hopefully that sorts it. I should have just gone for one in the first place. I've gone through three cheaper mufflers on various cars all for which were too loud. 

The speedo stopped the other day on the way home, just replaced the sensor and it's all good 

• Like 1

I needed a rocker cover that had been cut out so that we could adjust the cam gears on the dyno. I found one cheap that had been sitting. Our resident vapor blaster worked his magic. I stupidly didn't order spark plug seals do that's tomorrows mission 

IMG_3796.thumb.JPG.26ff1041fc846528d9181b7fc1becffeIMG_3795.thumb.JPG.a80f9647624e71e05066eb0c0c395479IMG_20171119_194443959IMG_20171119_194436970

• Like 2

Should go well in that lightweight body if the stock b18cr in my caged ek is anything to go by. It sounds pretty solid in the mid-range before it jumps to the high cam, presumably the off vtec lobes are a bit more aggressive than stock cams which is where good gains can be made.

In comparison my ek sounds like it tapers off a bit before vtec kicks in

Good stuff.