Chris R's various honda thread including punishing modern non os daily driver updates

chris r

Redone the high pressure hardline to the receiver drier. 

Few more joins that I'd initially hoped for but they brazed up much nicer than the block did 

Cut some bends out of the selection of hardline I had. 

Needed to drill one out to suit the hose

vUGp7Bp.jpeg

Lined everything up

r0Sn4OX.webp

Brazed each section individually so only one thing would move 

VKwU6GS.jpeg

I decided it'd be better to have a flexible hose both in and out of the condenser, less risk of my brazing fatiguing and cracking. Drilled out the compressor adaptor fitting to suit the hardline and brazed it on

A74bj7R.jpeg

I'll make a little plate and bolt the fitting so it's secured 

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that escalated quickly. Figured may as well go ham on this /learn how to do some concentric twisting etc. 

Got some lengths of dr25 and a bunch of different size pins to suit bulkhead connectors. Have some cable on the way too. Should keep me busy for winter 

XGVVsIv.jpeg

• Like 4

I found some aluminium strap in the scrap bin at work. Drilled and tapped it and mounted it to the rad. I've put some nylocs on the back to be extra safe 

0ciE5SH.jpg

@Raizer machined me up some spacers and I dummied up the condenser onto the rad. Will get some more screws etc at some point and finish mounting it 

8wdm9QW.jpg

I was dumb and was looking for a replacement fan as the one I had was in a pusher config. Actually had a look at the fan today and realised I could flip the blade and make it a puller config...

Flipped the blade around and that's sorted. Also scored a shroud off trademe for a good price, It will need a bit of trimming 

7hwBMlh.jpg

ndOrwZ7.jpg

• Like 3

Grabbed some M5 stainless stuff in my travels today 

Drilled and tapped the rest of the mounting holes and mounted the condenser 

m54TncG.jpg

wRw7Lcd.jpg

In one of the previous test fits I'd marked out where it would probably hit the body 

roqrHeM.jpg

Took a brave pill and took the hacksaw to the offending piece and it clears 

wcGQBHV.jpeg

And it's in position and (nearly) everything clears 

rSpsgIN.jpeg

It's close to the bonnet latch so I might need to give it a trim but will see how it goes 

kgwfFPB.jpeg

I was thinking I might need to make up some ducting but the drivers side doesn't have too many places for the air to escape through 

kGpmlYX.jpg

Passengers side is a different story but I'll deal with that one turbo manifold and plumbing is done 

• Like 3

After seeing flash sort the ac in his van (that was the kick I needed to start refitting) and with the diy hoses I figured I'd give it a crack too. 

Ordered some fittings and a meter of hose 

YsXjPGP.jpeg

Didn't end up needing anywhere close to a meter 

vbSc9vQ.jpeg

And sitting ready for crimping 

Gsm2jn6.jpeg

I'll probably end up running the wires through the loom in the guard for the ac compressor and pressure switch as I won't any any of the engine loom on the front. 

Thinking about it I'll run the boost control solenoid with it and tuck it out of the way in that area 

• Like 4