Chris R's various honda thread including punishing modern non os daily driver updates

chris r

Dropped head off so a appropriately sized hole can be made for a cap screw. 

I've committed and am now going coil on plug. My tuner had the conversion board in stock so that's fitted to the ecu as well as pwm boost control. Pretty sweet what can be done with a 20+ year old honda ecu for not a lot of of money. 

When zebra/pick a part open again I'll go raid a later model civic for a rocket cover and coils. It'll help tidy up the bay a bit too. 

• Like 2

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I was one of those sad sacks who went to zebra/pick a part as soon as they opened.

Zebra delivered a later model rocker cover and coilpacks. should tidy stuff up heaps. I'll trim some stuff off, get my mate to weld a AN fitting on and weld up the dipstick hole

IaXioyN.jpg

Heres a bonus barry photo (fuck you photobucket) from about 2010. Yes I had have a problem

S9PgsDq.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Had a exciting delivery today. I've got a few extra outputs and inputs to play with so I can use it to control rear diff disengagement clutch or extra fans or shift lights etc.

extra goodies as I said before are Bluetooth data logging, coil on plug conversion, pwm boost control. So with the stock chipped ecu I get most of the features (everything I want for this build) for half the cost of a entry level link or haltech

iqEQELp.jpg

WZmj213.jpg

• Like 6

On 15/05/2020 at 20:18, DB8-TypeR said:

This makes me miss my shuttle

Yours was actually worth something when you sold it though. Because dohc vtec yo! Pretty sure I saw your old one pop up on Facebook the other day! 

One of my $200 shuttles is still. Kicking around, it's been resprayed but (surprisingly) still running. It sat for years the I chucked a rangi turbo kit on it

And I'm too much of a piner to sell mine 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DB8-TypeR said:

I didn't sell it for much, $4600 or something. 

Did it pop up for sale? Apparently blew a headgasket after Damien sold it. And would have some rust requiring attention by now

About 600 more than mine was worth at the time hah. 

I don't remember if it was for sale or was in a photo with soneone. 

So my sinco kit arrived today. Looks damn good. I'm thinking I probably should have ordered the next size up piping as I'll need to get creative to fill in the gaps with the factory oval ports on the Honda head. 

But then again the flange for the turbo is fairly small 

The collector is a work of art though. Pity I'm going to ruin it with my mig lol 

4C1uhcQ.jpg

2pmuW6m.jpg

fW4jGL7.jpg

• Like 6

• 4 months later...

Motors assembled now thanks to waer for fixing the helicoil that ger messed up. Rocker cover for the coils is getting some - 10 fittings welded on for the breathees

H3W41ro.jpg

Dropped the flywheel off to sterling to get skimmed. Nah m8 it's broken.

I don't remember dropping it at any point, wonder when it happened, it's been balanced too which is annoying. 

daoab0F.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, chris r said:

Motors assembled now thanks to waer for fixing the helicoil that ger messed up. Rocker cover for the coils is getting some - 10 fittings welded on for the breathees

H3W41ro.jpg

Dropped the flywheel off to sterling to get skimmed. Nah m8 it's broken.

I don't remember dropping it at any point, wonder when it happened, it's been balanced too which is annoying. 

daoab0F.jpg

Crikey. Was there some bell housing misalignment or something 

On 27/09/2020 at 11:53, cletus said:

Does the spigot bearing press in against a step? Looks like someone might have got a bit over enthusiastic with the hammer and punch or the press  

100% this, there is a step where the bearing get pressed in so soneone has gone full hunnitz on it 

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...

Yup fuel filter is blocked 

So, I was looking at the clutch I had made by auto clutch years ago and it appears to be a stock disc with uprated pressure plate. 

I'm a bit disappointed as I told him the power levels I was aiming for. (another 4wd turbo honda got a similar thing and was slipping on less power). 

Will order one through work once I've measured everything up 

• Like 1

Sold some wheels and put my buddyclubs back on. 

sLoXy5A.jpg

After lots of head scratching and measuring we had a clutch in stock at work. Splines are the same as a later model 2wd gearbag. I'll need to order the correct release bearing

ceDY7BD.jpg

Got some pads and a fuel reg too 

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

IOkqUFy.jpg

Not a hoarder honest... 

Dropped my gearbag collection off to the gearbox guy. Rough plan is to figure out the best bits, convert from taper bearings to ball bearings for the main shaft so it'll be a bit stronger and handle the boost a bit better. 

The diff was just in the tray because clearing out my shed and moving stuff to the lockup. Got yarning and he'll see if he can figure out the input clutch or assembly on the diff to upgrade it a bit. 

I like the idea of the intrac diff as it had a solenoid so I can electronically disengage 4wd for handbrake slides and skids to troll people. 

I think we'll use the intrac gearbox without 4wd selector as it's a shaft and no hub or mechanism to break 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1