Chris R's various honda thread including punishing modern non os daily driver updates

chris r

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, Willdat? said:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/honda/auction-1383211105.htm

Not exactly nice - but strip the plasti-dip off the wheels and you'll be period correct as...

edit: Just had to check if it had a monster-tacho, you betcha!

There is is Hi octane 2 spec. dead give away with the mesh in the rear bar. 

I wont even talk about paint and wheels. It's making the meth worms itch in my arms a little. 

On 7/30/2017 at 22:44, scooters said:

There is is Hi octane 2 spec. dead give away with the mesh in the rear bar. 

I wont even talk about paint and wheels. It's making the meth worms itch in my arms a little. 

Fuck thats horrid. Notice the china manifold thats had a whole packet of filler rods thrown at it

Here is a slightly less horrible one http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/honda/auction-1379740387.htm

21 hours ago, chris r said:

Fuck thats horrid. Notice the china manifold thats had a whole packet of filler rods thrown at it

Here is a slightly less horrible one http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/honda/auction-1379740387.htm

In my eyes the only manifold that should exist for turbo 4 bangers is the rams horn header. 

EDIT.... stainless or steam pipe. 

hqLBsjz.jpg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, scooters said:

In my eyes the only manifold that should exist for turbo 4 bangers is the rams horn header. 

EDIT.... stainless or steam pipe. 

hqLBsjz.jpg

nah mayte cast factory shit with adaptor is how I roll.

Want to make me a nice one lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chris r said:

mayte no need for a welder I've got some jumper leads here

There is nothing on Earth like the rage thats starts within me when the welder makes the sub audible hum when the shitty wet old sticks get stuck trying to get the arc started on the thing iv tried to weld for the 17th time running. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, scooters said:

There is nothing on Earth like the rage thats starts within me when the welder makes the sub audible hum when the shitty wet old sticks get stuck trying to get the arc started on the thing iv tried to weld for the 17th time running. 

Tell me about it.

It's nothing like the rage of no arc striking at all on the 20th time because  the welder has given up

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Just a note with these repro tanks, the EF8 fuel sender doesn't fit nicely. I used a non vtec Ef sender in its place as the fuel light section of my one doesn't work. I'll make a up a voltage switching thingee to turn on the fuel light when its low

Nice new tank

IMG_20171019_173909916

And everythign installed

IMG_20171019_182121787

And because everyone likes basic maintenance photos here is one of a replacement thermostat. I just need to let the loctite chooch and I can fire it up

IMG_20171019_182918572

• Like 2

I swapped the dash today with one that doesn't have holes all through it. while it was out I swapped the ac evaporator box for a nz new non ac duct so save a bit of space. The high pressure side of the fuel system is all good. I'm not sure if the filler tube is not properly sealed or if it was water leaking out when I filled it but I'll check that out tomorrow. I few more test drives and a final check over and its ready for the dyno. I will need to replace the rear muffler as it is still too loud ofr this old man

It took a while to figure out why I couldn't pull it out even though all the bolts were removed, then I saw this. At least the screen won't leak I guess

IMG_20171021_102708556_HDR

IMG_20171021_110153665IMG_20171021_112809132

• Like 1

On 19/10/2017 at 21:19, tortron said:

Hey M8

im currently making up some of these, and you just select a zener diode to match your low fuel voltage

(diagram is missing an earth from chip pin 4)

have a bunch of extra components if you like

circuit_diag.jpg

Hey man.

Should just use an arduino nano. Probably cheaper and infinately more variable.