joshd231's 1980 mitsubishi celeste

joshd231

hey mean car there bro, what kind of power did she make on the dyno?

hey mate just on a run in tune at the moment 150hp at the wheels at 3800rpm at 7psi boost

she's on a 4grand rev cut at the moment so cant what to see what it gets on a power tune

im limited with the size of my turbo and no head work though

Looks mean, these cars do have some sweet lines, found myself liking them more once I got my sunny coupe. To be honest I'm more impressed with the house/wife combo at 21. Clocking life there son.

i do reckon mitsubishi cocked up the rear end though....

the rears too sudden and flat, so thinking of complimenting it with a small duck bill spoiler maybe???? just enough to make it look more fastbackish like a gto

and the angle from rear quarter up to the bumper is too steep so even if its on the bumpstops it still looks like a 4wd if your looking at it from behind

it annoys the hell outta me haha

cheers for that man, its cos i dont spend 4 nights a week on the turps like the rest of my mates haha

just caught up on your thread.

wow man! top work    that engine setup looks like it was made to go in there.

noice!

yeah i wanted it to look period rather than blue silicone hoses everywhere ha

it will be all braided line eventually with a decent stainless cold air box

Epic build thread man! Everything is awesome, especially the engine bay!

P.s

I have an 8 bolt disc brake LSD in my EX I want to upgrade to a 10 bolt one....

your a handy person to know, pretty sure i brought a motor off u..... starion motor with carby on it

• 5 years later...

Sweet car alright! Have seen you post the odd pic on the mitsi pages on fb before. 

Good things take time so 10 years into it isnt bad, I'm 8 years with my ex lancer and it's still nowhere close to how I want it to be, keep getting distracted with other cars 

I think a lot of people are in the same boat re having kids / life getting in the way of projects. Glad to see this is set to get some more attention!

I've had my lancer over 10 years now, 3 kids a wedding and now some serious house renovations later its getting closer to where i want it

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Hi I'd be interested in anyone's celeste project car. 

I owned an 82 gsr back in the day. Had rear louvres and front air dam. Added twin carbs from a galant which made a real difference to performance. 

Anyhow if anyone has a project celeste let me know. I'd prefer celestes with the rectangular front lights. 

Ben

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...