joshd231's 1980 mitsubishi celeste

joshd231

Hey dude. Love your car, saw pictures of it floating around facebook and really wanted to see more details, great build thread!

Your LSD issues in the rear will be a little tricky to solve, as like you have discovered 7.25" LSD's are really really hard to find. I rekon your best bet is probably to get a complete 87 - mid 90's L200 rear axle, have it shortened to fit, and adapt it to 4 stud and disc brakes. They're the bigger 8" crownwheels, and most have LSD's fitted. The LSD's are a really decent 'ramp' type too, much like after-market units, and work really well. Steve, that works at 'The Diff Shop' is a bloody good dude, and an old Mitsy fan, so could probably help you out with this.

Fitting just the L200 diff head into other diff housings is usually a bit tricky, as the L200's have bigger axles with more splines (28 I think) than almost all of the car stuff.

A Celeste is the only old Mitsy I'd like more than my Starions. I rekon they're the best shape of any of the old Mitsies.

Hey dude. Love your car, saw pictures of it floating around facebook and really wanted to see more details, great build thread!

Your LSD issues in the rear will be a little tricky to solve, as like you have discovered 7.25" LSD's are really really hard to find. I rekon your best bet is probably to get a complete 87 - mid 90's L200 rear axle, have it shortened to fit, and adapt it to 4 stud and disc brakes. They're the bigger 8" crownwheels, and most have LSD's fitted. The LSD's are a really decent 'ramp' type too, much like after-market units, and work really well. Steve, that works at 'The Diff Shop' is a bloody good dude, and an old Mitsy fan, so could probably help you out with this.

Fitting just the L200 diff head into other diff housings is usually a bit tricky, as the L200's have bigger axles with more splines (28 I think) than almost all of the car stuff.

A Celeste is the only old Mitsy I'd like more than my Starions. I rekon they're the best shape of any of the old Mitsies.

thanks mate ive found a bolt in kit to convert factory diff to lsd through a place in the states called traction concepts but having trouble finding people that have used them before so unsure wether to commit

but that still leaves me with drums in the rear, do you know anyone thats done rear disc brake conversion?

haha see id hate to say it but id rather a gto over a celeste any day

but i still love the old girl and will never part with it