GAZ mk1 cortina estate

rotor_dude

discussion thread ?

awesome car lad, like your plans too,

would love a mk1 wagon,

seen one in uk where they have turned it into a 2dr, used 2dr doors and moved the b pillar etc, has a big single window from door to back, looks very cool

wouldnt mind giving it a go with a mk1 or mk2 wagon

Cheers ears.

Old man has a spare zetec + rwd parts sitting in shed but I think he is planning to use in one of his austinS.

I do have a 1600 711 block plus most parts to rebuild. Was just going to focus on getting current car on road for now as I always seem to get carried away. A Supercharged 1600 kent running thru column shift with itb and a megasquirt does float my boat though.

gaz

• Like 2

You dont think so?

Whole sill?

I told the guy making it only front 300mm rotten and he said just replace the front 500mm.... hrmm,, I'm going out with a 3m disc now to strip back the sill to make sure no hidden rust.

Gaz

You'll be lucky Mark. Waiting for bonus to come through and might get someone to start panel work on 2..... maybe. Undecided atm.

I did consider changing Cortina stud pattern so I could put my Equips on the Cortina.

Gaz

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Cheers man, that seems to be the going. $20 a rim.

Alltourqe is sorting me out for the fitting of two and I think I'm off to Palmy Sat morn to pickup and have fitted another 2.

Gaz