I got followed tonight.....

D1RTY6

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you can actually pay genuine crims to do jobs like that too. A guy at work's ex mrs paid a bunch of chaps who like the colour red and who have tough stamps on their faces to take up her grievences with him. They're not cheap though.

I actually meant just chuck it in their letterbox at 530am on the way to work.

They didn't break any laws. So it's important that you don't either.

I'm sure there may be a violation. Harassment? Stalking? Dangerous driving?

I reckon draw a mylittlepony on face cheek of the gayest whitest skinniest looking bloke you can find and get him to drop it off. Bo us points if he's driving a decrepit ice cream van

all I can say is being a vigilante will do you no favors, all this sending people over isn't going to get your car back if they take it, they will just take it some where else and you wont have shit cant do shit.   best thing to do is get a gps tracker. they are so cheap , they can come with remote actuator drives so you can make the car stall or the horn go, connect it to a relay and make anything amount of things happen.

the point is if they want it they will take it , you could be at work  could be anywhere, they will find a way . so your best bet is to be able to find it if its taken . to many times I have seen stolen cars on this site, alarms don't do shit. recording number plates doesn't help, shitty cameras in parking lots don't help,. we all have to be smarter then these bastards

what everyone should have is a gps, you can take the cops right to the place, set the horn off and bam there is your evidence that the car is there. cops can then go in and get it, the gps doesn't have to have a siren or flashing lights, it doesn't have to have tilt sensors or glass brake protection, all that shit is a waste of time, all you need is to know were it is. I've got them in all my cars. its so easy to install and only 20 bucks a year to keep the sim connected to the network.

any who that's my point of view. everyone get a gps , its the best solution to getting your car back period

• Like 9

Crazy story, it's a shame there are so many fuck wits out there in the world that you don't even feel comfortable driving your own car down the bloody street... I think the recommendation of installing a GPS is the best advice I've read in a while..

I always remember that lol show way back in the day where the cops used to park a boy racer GTX in south auckland and wait for it to be stolen, they had it set up with GPS and cameras etc they always found it and often caught out a few chop shops too..

Guess it's good proof that GPS work well.. 

• Like 2

$30 for a gps tracker is a pretty good investment, looks like my car is getting one, 

But, would it be possible to turn an enclosed trailer into a faraday cage and then prevent the signal getting out? 

yeah i have the ebay job.  TK103b . 

i got this for the fact it has remotes and i can use central locking signals, and its got a output that you can connect to a relay , now you can trip multiple circuits ,if you want. like horn on, and cut fuel pump, ignition module, ecu , any number of things to make it impossible to start. also the horn is good if you decide to use the 5 0 for collection of vehicle , you could do it with in 2 minutes of them getting home, literally you can knock on the door and they will be snapped red handed ! 

also it has programmable areas so if it moves from that area, it will message you and lock the car, you can chose to remotely set the relay of yourself via text message too. 

so if your like me and have 2 cars you always know were it is when your at work with the daily shit heap vehicle

it has a tracking mode to for disconnection and memory , ive not had an issue with signal problems so yeah its a feature that does stuff i don't know much about but its has it. . . . 

there are heaps of things that could be done with these systems, and you can install it anywhere you want it, they do need a glass mounted antenna  but its easy to hide on the back tints help too

they use cellphone networks and gps too, so if you have a signal on your phone then it will cover it. i haven't had any issue but i am also on the top of a hill in the middle of Auckland.

they are the cheapest way to track your car. monitored  cars alarm systems cost shit loads., this is only 80 bucks and 20 a year for the sim card . 

• Like 1

$30 for a gps tracker is a pretty good investment, looks like my car is getting one, 

But, would it be possible to turn an enclosed trailer into a faraday cage and then prevent the signal getting out? 

lol this is funny, just think about the application of this idea vs your the car thief . . .  just making something that would mask the signal the entire time , having to have the same mask at home covering the place its stored in, and covered for at least a few weeks or until you found the gps unit and ripped it out . they have back up battery too so you can still contact it for a few weeks with out vehicle batter power . . . also  they don't have to make noise, they can just be there silently transmitting, the whole time and the thief doesn't know its there to make the craze faraday cover in the first place. 

you can install it in the boot or under b pillars , anywhere at all , its tiny.

this is not 100 percent fail safe but its so far the most effective way of using current technology to fight back against car theft. far  better than a car with just flashing lights and single immobilize system. this gives you the chance to get it back , and its all we really care about at the heart of it .

• Like 1

I have the address, but wont be doing anything with it for now. i did a drive bay they have a big shed/garage out the back that has alot of different locking mechanisms and its all boarded up with no windows, little dodgy....

Will be definitely getting GPS in the immediate future!

situation fuckin sucks aye, you know they will steal it for wheels and whatever stereo you have in it, any parts of the car or body are worthless to them as theres not enough of them around to be husstling parts

this is why we cant have nice things

Yea it is, we have a huge back yard so could put it out the back behind to padlocked gates and 2 other cars blocking said gates

but i honestly dont think they are after the car like someone said earlier. most likely the rims etc :(