Neal's Suzuki Jeepy Hunnit

Threeonthetree

Another forum member was having a clean out of his shed. He was in need of more space and this motorcycle along with several others had to go.

So naturally I took the bike and gave him an old English Stationwagon as payment  :-D

In my defence, it's wasn't a very big wagon compared to my valiant

20150317_121750_zpspj6xgagk.jpg

20150317_121800_zpswmmpgjmi.jpg

20150317_121807_zpso6kka82c.jpg

I would like to eventually register the bike and get it road legal. Standard GP100s have a hideous set of lights and an equally ugly instrument cluster. Oh look! Here's another GP100 in the same neighbourhood which demonstrates what I mean:

20150317_121854_zpsn0d269dd.jpg

20150317_121938_zpsiwulcmys.jpg

Eewwww. Especially that brake light, I mean there's a lovely recess for it to sit in under the peak but they obviously thought it was not ugly enough to make production.

Here are the standard instruments:

20150317_121923_zpsvskopuwn.jpg

And in comparison, the single instrument on mine:

20150317_121831_zpsjxkvueb9.jpg

Today I fitted a stand return spring from the other bike because this one would drag its stand all over the ground. It hadn't been started in about six months so I thought I'd finally take it for a spin. After running up and down the shed at least a dozen times trying to bump start it, the sweet sounds and smells of 2 stroke goodness filled the air. I may have performed a skid or two just to warm up the narrow rear tyre. My goal is to be able to ride this bike legally on the road. But before then I'd like to get it running properly and tidy up a few bits etc.

This isnt really a build thread, more of a 'chipping away it it slowly Trev' kind of deal.

• Like 6

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Mate!

And cheers for the advice.

I'll take a better look at it when I'm next out at the shed and see if I can find any details regarding its age.

The bike is a real credit to one of the previous owners who spent a fair bit of time restoring and racing this particular one.

When I bought it the racing number was still attached and the foot pegs have a fair bit of lean wear on them. I've really only spent about fifteen minutes with it which has consisted of a quick clean with a rag and some riding.

• Like 1

Disk brake, flash.

All the better to slow down those twelve galloping 2 stroke horses.

Sweet whip man! Has similarly chunky tail light and indicators as my AX100. But the GP has a nicer tank and nice lines.

You gonna keep this like the ride height on your cars (comfortably stock, maayte)? Or mild chop (seat, bars etc)?

I dig the colour scheme on your AX100! Since this bike came with the standard taillights and cluster etc in boxes, it's allowed me to appreciate the lines much more. For such a little bike it's pretty sweet so I think I'll try and keep the uncluttered look.

Hmm.. I've never played around with a motorbike before so this is all new to me. I'd love to have any input from you guys as you've probably got awesome ideas and knowledge that is out of my grasp at this stage. Comfortably stock is pretty lush as it allows me to bound effortlessly over all the dropped panties, like a gentleman. But I don't really have any particular direction at this stage.

I quite like the bike so will tidy up a few things like the plastic wine cork bar ends, running issues and ride it around as much as possible.

Different strokes for different folks with bikes. I rock mine standard, cos it's my daily transport and don't want it off the road and I like that plush seat on my ass (that, and I'm too slack/lazy/lacking in confidence to chop it up. Others (eg LOW'N'SLOW) whack out sweet customs in short time frames and still daily them, which is awesome.

Joe/Goat dailys a GP125 that tents my shorts when I see it as well (partially cos he's riding it).

• Like 1

Oh Lawdy that is an extremely generous offer! It's going to be hard to say no to that so I'll try and tee up a time to try it on for size.

I got this thing running properly today. It has a leak from the fuel tap and an exhaust leak at the first join so I'll need to get those two items sorted pronto. 

• Like 1