ANTs TC24 Gx71

beachlander

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i buffed a spare piece of alloy using same process as focus centre. then used a 15$ rattle can clear. seemed fine. 

Didnt have the balls to spray the focus though. Will leave it for a pro  / The englishman.

13's look pretty hilarious due to the guard gap. 14 wil slightly taller tyre will help alot.

I need to keep aiming for cert so its going to look goofy for a month or so.

But afterwards. 175/60/14 and buckets of slam, 6 speed box and no mufflers.

• Like 1

I have 6 20v throttles. A 1ggze CAS.  and plan on using beams Coil on plug with an link atom.  Have someone ready to make the manifold too.

but motor is last thing as the whole bay will get simplified 300%

6 speed is first major mod after cert as the w55 is horrible. 

• Like 1

oh man excited to see this on the focus!!!

The 13s are great tho. I remember when me and Rawb put my 13' streets with 215/50 eagers on the waka and it looked like a Japanese version of an XD falcon hahahah. will have to drag up a pic

• Like 2

I have 6 20v throttles. A 1ggze CAS.  and plan on using beams Coil on plug with an link atom.  Have someone ready to make the manifold too.

but motor is last thing as the whole bay will get simplified 300%

6 speed is first major mod after cert as the w55 is horrible. 

I might be missing something here, but why not make all the changes, then get cert?

Or otherwise skip cert and save yourself the $$$ if it's going to be modified away from cert specs anyway?

• Like 1

I had some wheels clear powder coated once. It took away some of the shine (I didnt attempt to return it by poishign the clear however) and after some time (a year or so?) it started degrading

Just keep a tube of autosol in the glove box?

I might be missing something here, but why not make all the changes, then get cert?

Or otherwise skip cert and save yourself the $$$ if it's going to be modified away from cert specs anyway?

most of the changes aren't things that would be effected on a cert plate. plus you'll get further with a plate than not so its 100% worth having one even if you are outside specs, easy to revert back to cert specs etc.

Have you thought about that trick the E8 guys do of welding the flares from the front onto the back? Worth considering perhaps? It would give that clean, sleek, stock look and potentially cover that extra distance the wheels are poking out. Maybe.

I don't know, just a thought.

It's looking super crisp though man. Got any vids of your revving fun-stick?

I have but these spec wheels have been done many times over in japan so i know it can be done.

Talking to a couple japs last night and all i really need to do is roll them hard and repaint.

No vids yet as its stock exhaust still.

Trip to Hamner will see lots of rev stick'n

It can be arranged.

Also, certs only going to be used as a bargaining tool for when i get pulled up as i will be lower/wider/have less tyre then the law states i should have. But having one is 100% worth it imo.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Thanks! Its only done 2 short trips with the wide wheels on as it looks mental with them on in person and i dont want the attention/pink sticker.

Soon i will cert it so it can become a garage lurker/sunday driver.

• 5 weeks later...