How Scooters Ruined Shakotoms Life

Shakotom

Then Andrew ( @GuyWithAviators ) built a sweet chaly, and we had a conversion about building a cute matching couples pair of bikes and ended up with this potatoshop

50684432712_899103789c_b.jpg

Sorted a pit bike rear end, and the rest of the bits to match, all the way down to the same tyres. 

50684429102_d0d8fcc2a0_b.jpg

and as per, for some reason or another that stagnated not long after.

• Like 5

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had been browsing Instagram and found a picture of a Dax built by Cheetah Custom cycles in Japan that got me fizzing.

50684407951_b713bfbab4_b.jpg

Being invited to dirtmasters was the kick in the pants I needed, initially assembled with Suzuki A50 forks and the CT90 rear end.

50684476962_9db34cfc5a_b.jpg

then Andrew ( @GuyWithAviators ) swapped me most of a Lifan wave for a box of Purple Goannas, and with some engineering magic by @Geophy and @sentra I was able to fit the swing arm, and combine the A50 and wave forks together and get them all mounted to the bike. @MopedNZ got the rear brake bled and custom painted the wheels. This combined effort by the GCs above resulted in us winning 2 of our 3 races at dirtmasters and this super sweet build coming together.

50684401186_4abea23219_b.jpg

Now dirtmasters is over, next step is clean, strip back down, slap some paint on it and make a seat base, but not before the CB360 is woffed.

50684476442_749870e6ab_b.jpg

• Like 7

• 1 year later...

Downsized the wheels from 18s to 17s with some small MX tyres, had @GuyWithAviatorsdo some prep work to it for me and it was all ready for the next off-road adventure

5AF593DE-4BFA-4C49-BBFF-F272E626DFC6.thumb.jpeg.a5a86698c078316e9659e3333a118ba7.jpeg

then proceeded to catch the spicy flu and have missed going on the adventure. 
Its probably due for a little refresh anyway, the forks are leaking and there’s a couple of other gripes I have with it, at some point it’ll come back to Auckland for a birthday. 

• Like 5