How Scooters Ruined Shakotoms Life

Shakotom

Got rolled by the 5-0 last night.

Pulled over for a random rego check / check Vest patches to see if I was in a gang / ask why the back of it was covered in rubber. I got sent home for not having a working brake light or indicators and to find another mode of transport till they work. 

164B50C5-C224-4C1F-BED2-5FA749EC748F.jpeg.62ba840bc5e33481c88cfafeb014a1ad.jpeg

I did say indicators weren’t a requirement, but we mutually decided agreeing with him was a better choice due to missing a other few basic compulsory items (horn - mud guards - all the wiring for the brake lights - a working speedo etc) and as he said, I would much rather ride it home than have to push it home and aquire a sticker.

Dude was a GC though. He found tough guy patches and small bike funny. 

Might be time for Chaly v2.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah take the lesson and refine the bike to tastefully include some of the features he reckons ya need. It can be done easy enough and still keep your bike wild .

I would really like to have a working brake light on all my bikes and a speedo wouldnt go astray due to repowered bikes

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, scooters said:

surely the cops get to know you guys after a while of pesting around. The word must get out about the outlaw scooter club? 

Haha QCR dont ride much these days. Got the odd few member that ride as a group and when I organise ride I prefer Rural roads vs City roads for the very reason we are obscenely loud and annoying so have fun away from people and more likely to get away with it.

• Like 1

Yeah, @Chris.QCR been looking on Ali at tiny indicators and that and gonna do some re packaging of the wiring / under seat area and put a horn / basics under there. Probably micro switches hidden somewhere for them / hidden wiring.

id say a good 90% of our riding is done in the cbd or urban populated areas. So may aswell have less to get stung on. Joys of Auckland

• Like 3

Lols I could see curious looks in the rear view mirror of a cop I was following when taking the TS to work one morning. He changed lanes and slowed down a bit thought here we go so passed him gave him a thumbs up, must of seen my rego tag and number plate then got a thumbs up back and nanged on my merry way 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Chris.QCR said:

Haha QCR dont ride much these days. Got the odd few member that ride as a group and when I organise ride I prefer Rural roads vs City roads for the very reason we are obscenely loud and annoying so have fun away from people and more likely to get away with it.

Mate I'm worried your at risk of being patched over. In my head I thought you guys were out at it at the local water hole once a week looking after the turf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 6

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Alright so awhile a go I acquired a Suzuki A’50’ from @chris r when he was clearing out his hoard. 

After being jealous of Andrews adventures off-road on his Yamaha, and not having a bike that was really suitable for off-roading I decided to pull this out of the pile in the shed and make a start.

First step was to get a motor, 

48443497087_41839cc331_b.jpg

Then offer the motor up into place

48443411411_31f9d0e7f1_b.jpg

Then check clearance on full compression for wheel travel.

48443414661_40bb087c40_b.jpg

Then feel defeated, and question your decision.

• Like 6

• 1 month later...