Rusti'z 1920-26 Ford T bucket (of rust) Discussion

Ghostchips

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok i need a second opinion.  Didn't realize how bad the sloping hinge line looked until i started making this.

Should i make this hinge level or just go with the unskilled dirtcar racer look sloping hinge?  At the low rate of investment i'm leaning toward unskilled sloped hinge but it'll always look redneck.

dy40zr.jpg

Why a hood?  So i can put it on if it rains or want to hide the fact it's a 4 (as if the sound wasn't a give away)

• Like 2

Having a non sloping hinge would actually work better? I would be tempted to do what SOHC suggested and trim and correct it. However I have no idea how much extra work that would require.

Are you going to have louvred sides?

Would it be hard to change and trim it level? 

Without more materials it would.  Can change it easily enough.

Having a non sloping hinge would actually work better? I would be tempted to do what SOHC suggested and trim and correct it. However I have no idea how much extra work that would require.

Are you going to have louvred sides?

It would look better. and i can have removable louvered sides.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Man this is cool! my old bucket (didn't build it) the builder managed to find a chassis complete with live plates and a declaration for supercharged 350 etc, just built it to the sheet. Had rose joints etc which i'm pretty sure wouldn't fly with lvv. Also being regd as a 23' meant seatbelts, indicators etc were frivolous extras. Didn't have fender exemption but rolled fenderless most of the time, never got stopped, many friendly waves however haha

bucketjpeg.jpg

• 6 months later...
2 hours ago, igor said:

Good to see this thing again @rustisize. I have a Holley carb and a manifold somewhere that might be off one of these. Not in real good condition though as I found it out in the paddock.

Probably better than the one on this one.  Drinks a bit of gas.

32 minutes ago, SOHC said:

f the winding haven't failed probabley the condenser has broken down, you might be able to wire one up on the outside of the box?    

Replacing the internal condenser is the easy part.  There is probably a way of putting a modern tiny 'on plug' or bike coil inside with a MOSFET set to give it a frequency buzz when active but nothing i'd make would be that hardy.