Rusti'z 1920-26 Ford T bucket (of rust) Discussion

Ghostchips

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Il.pick some up in the usa if you like/you order some and have it sent to the place im stashing my bike

you probably.dont want more than a kg?

No idea.  i'm used to picking out old shells an melting them but that's poor practice/contaminated so i hear.

i'll see if i can get someone to order some and see what happens.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Do you have a set of coils for this project?

I was thinking if you had 4 burnt out coils you could put 4 motorcycle coils inside the box and use the old Ford buzzers to make them work.

i have 3 coils that sort of work, bought as "old electric fence energizers".  The buzzers were operated by the magnetic field in the coil itself, the pole actually protruded.  Hence i figured using bike coils with the points buzzers attached would have lost some of the magnetic field by the point it reaches the outside of the case, and coil gauss saturation is important for a good spark.   But yes, i see we think alike in some things.

i have 3 coils that sort of work, bought as "old electric fence energizers".  The buzzers were operated by the magnetic field in the coil itself, the pole actually protruded.  Hence i figured using bike coils with the points buzzers attached would have lost some of the magnetic field by the point it reaches the outside of the case, and coil gauss saturation is important for a good spark.   But yes, i see we think alike in some things.

I have one coil box on an old oxyacetylene welding trolley, it was used for lighting up.

An old trick was to wrap a light bulb in tinfoil but leave a space open at the top, then connect + to the light bulb filament and the - to the tinfoil and power it with the T coil, when you hold your hand over it they say you can see the bones.

Hey Rusti, is it one of these?

I have this one and don't use it apart from shocking unsuspecting victims, yours if you want.

yczvqh3q.js2.jpg

Yes it is.  i have a couple of dead ones if you want to pull them apart and fix them.  For..you know, shocking people and maybe connecting to a car or metal bench with multiple people on it.

• 2 weeks later...