Rusti'z 1920-26 Ford T bucket (of rust) Discussion

Ghostchips

I'm too lazy/tired to read it but are you running positive earth or negative earth?

Do the vibrator or trembler points still work? If you were keen you may be able to fit a modern internal coil and ignition module out of a dizzy and use the "trembler" points to trigger it

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The points are old but kind of work.  The wood they mount on is soft and has borer so i'd have to replace it or stiffen it with something to give the points a steady pressure.  The thing with the points is they're activated by the pole of the coils winging core so putting a small bike coil in might work, but i'll have to have the end of the coil sticking out of the wood.

I'll see what a coil expert i know thinks about this.  He might have some tricks.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Some years ago I found a four cylinder Ford manifold with a Holley carb on it lying in the grass behind one of my sheds. Looks like it's off a T or an A. Don't know enough about them to pick the differences. No idea if it has any usable parts left on it but if it's any use to you you're welcome to have it.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, igor said:

Some years ago I found a four cylinder Ford manifold with a Holley carb on it lying in the grass behind one of my sheds. Looks like it's off a T or an A. Don't know enough about them to pick the differences. No idea if it has any usable parts left on it but if it's any use to you you're welcome to have it.

NH holly is T.
The A often have a different carb', tillerston X is the aftermarket ones, that aren't as good at the updraft zenith
A_9510.jpg
Updraft zenith pictured.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, SOHC said:

Do you think you have made a successful ignition system? I have noticed everyone on fordbarn is ignoring me now, 

I have successfully made something that gives me 4 times as many shocks as a single ignition coil.  Those sad old squares ignore me too.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...