• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like the rear half of the body is coming along well

9ececf2f6ad9be7d45aba4ddef32071e_zpsnqn6

For some resin 4 cylinder T hotrods are called gow jobs 

That picture might be what i aim for in the time being given what i have. VIN then lower it and get a cert' for lowering.

Problem is i spent all day beating a sheet of metal with a '25 roadster in my mind and wondered why it wasn't fitting the '26 very well.

Damn that one looks cool.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

My home made bootlid (trunk lid in american speak) is not scruffy enough. i wanted it to look old and used, so it is made from second hand material but is it socially acceptable to take to it with a slug gun? 

The front of the body has real bullet holes from some bygone era but i am not sure if i should fake it on the rear or merely live with it looking like someone sat on the rear and then beat it with a shrinking spoon with no idea what they were doing...

Looking good rusti. That pic abouve is the business.

If your short on grinding discs I'm sure I could lend you a couple.

What engine are you planning to run? The T 4 cyl with cop spec head would be sweet

Well as far as engines go i was thinking of getting VIN with the 4 cylinder and install my flathead later but now i am thinking of retaining the 4 cylinder (gow job L4s are the new flathead)  and use a special head i have, hence saving the V8 for something else.

Struggling to think of what available engine-less car would suit a 21 stud v8, Commodore!  ..or not.

• Like 1

Rustisize can I come to your house and you show me panel beating

i don't actually know what i'm doing.  Just folding and stretching metal and then trying to shrink it again.  i use a hammer, metal solid shape thing, a treestump and very worn vice grips.  i know someone who has a real shrinker stretcher tool but i'm not allowed to borrow it.

However i can bring a hammer and a piece of tree to burgerfuel or somewhere and try to make a thing if you want.

Rusti, we have not yet seen a pic of the whole car.

There isn't a whole car yet.  And when i get some wheels i'll be able to roll it outside where i'll be able to take a picture of it without needing a fisheye lense or having walls in the way.
  • Like 3