_Matt

Matt's 1951 Chevy Pickup - Discussion

nice work, i find that exhaust wrap goes on tidier if you soak it in a bucket of water before wrapping. itchy bloody stuff

11 hours ago, cletus said:

not far to go now!!

that bent rod was pretty impressive.

Yeah quite surprise how bent it was. The starter motor must be pretty good!

10 hours ago, Mof said:

Looking so good man! 

Can't wait for driving/switch flipping vid

Btw Gas struts go the other way around (rod downward). Keeps the fluid against the seal so they don't dry out and leak.

I thought they did, shouldn’t matter too much as 99% of the time they’re going to be laying horizontal and the back won’t be opened very often. I’ll spin them around anyway

9 hours ago, fletch said:

Are you just replacing the rod and piston? I have a 4.5 crank, rods, and pistons you can have. I believe it's a bolt in into the 4.1 block.

Yeah just replacing the rod and piston. Have already sorted some 4.1 ones. Probably easier to just keep it all standard for now, thanks though!

47 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

nice work, i find that exhaust wrap goes on tidier if you soak it in a bucket of water before wrapping. itchy bloody stuff

I put it on wet, it just really didn’t want to wrap around the flexi’s very well. Yup wore gloves this time after doing the headers without them haha

A fine build and no surprise that it flew through the cert check.

Well done, will be good to see it at the Beach Hop.

A thing of beauty, love yer work. Must be so stoked to get this over the line - awesome job