• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, cletus said:

not far to go now!!

that bent rod was pretty impressive.

Yeah quite surprise how bent it was. The starter motor must be pretty good!

10 hours ago, Mof said:

Looking so good man! 

Can't wait for driving/switch flipping vid

Btw Gas struts go the other way around (rod downward). Keeps the fluid against the seal so they don't dry out and leak.

I thought they did, shouldn’t matter too much as 99% of the time they’re going to be laying horizontal and the back won’t be opened very often. I’ll spin them around anyway

9 hours ago, fletch said:

Are you just replacing the rod and piston? I have a 4.5 crank, rods, and pistons you can have. I believe it's a bolt in into the 4.1 block.

Yeah just replacing the rod and piston. Have already sorted some 4.1 ones. Probably easier to just keep it all standard for now, thanks though!

47 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

nice work, i find that exhaust wrap goes on tidier if you soak it in a bucket of water before wrapping. itchy bloody stuff

I put it on wet, it just really didn’t want to wrap around the flexi’s very well. Yup wore gloves this time after doing the headers without them haha

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

So many "Oh, HoW dOeS iT gEt OvEr SpEeD bUmPs?!?" comments on the Hoonigan Instagram post. As if bags don't exist/it would be that low if it wasn't bagged. 

Also a few "seen one, seen 'em all" comments, which if they are from 'Murica they may have seen a few, but I highly doubt they are done to the awesome standard this one is.

Source:

TL:DR: Love this truck. People say dumb stuff on the internet. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

• 3 months later...
3 hours ago, cletus said:

So good to see it out getting used. 

Do those transmissions have a kick down cable or is it all electronic? 

All electronic. Have tested the readings on all the sensors and everything seems to be reading right as per the manual. When checking the engine codes it comes up with secondary throttle sensor, but I’m pretty certain that’s what controls the traction control, and it doesn’t have anything to do with the trans, so should be fine being de-pinned from the ecu.

Its possible it’s just been two bad transmissions to start with!