Matt's 1951 Chevy Pickup - Discussion

_Matt

On 26/03/2018 at 21:25, Seedy Al said:

Haha no doubt. 

But yeah one thing I always seem to struggle with is getting the tube nice and straight if its in a roll. Always looks out of straight and a little wobbly and kinky.

Nice work man. As always haha

Stick one end under your work bench leg and roll it out against the ground. Straight pipes erry time

• Like 1

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/26/2018 at 21:25, Seedy Al said:

Haha no doubt. 

But yeah one thing I always seem to struggle with is getting the tube nice and straight if its in a roll. Always looks out of straight and a little wobbly and kinky.

Nice work man. As always haha

5 minutes ago, tortron said:

Stick one end under your work bench leg and roll it out against the ground. Straight pipes erry time

I'm sure you guys are referring to plastic tube? I did all of mine from aluminium tube, which comes in straight 5m lengths 

• 1 month later...

Amazing work as usual and a good catch on the airbag sensors. One of the plastic arms on mine broke early on, I think because of too much drop in the front suspension when it was on a 2-post lift with everything hanging. IIRC I just lengthened the link piece a bit to handle it.

• Like 1

I personally think the chassis wont look good in black well just standard gloss anyway

with all the great work done with the chassis mods and design i think it needs a colour that will show off that. thats a work of art by itself 

perhaps like a metal flake black or gun metal grey.

have you thought of getting it dipped and powdercoated? 

i would also be inclined to make the exhaust a different colour to the chassis also just to show the workmanship of it 

keep up the good work!  

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, KKtrips said:

Hey man. Don't get the headlights out of the USA. They will dip to the right because driving on the other side of the road.

Yeah I thought about that, but my parents have a set on one of their cars that were the same brand and they were dipped to the left. Could only find that one place in America that sold them, so maybe thought they do rhd ones. 

11 hours ago, KKtrips said:

Also is Danny or Marty doing your cert?

Danny, he called in last week and was very happy with everything so far

• 2 months later...