Nick's AX100 2 stroke pine

TimShadboltfan27

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

have shot home for a couple of days and took this thing out for a burn. it takes a decent minute of riding to warm up, but man it makes all the right noises once the temp gets up. much pine.

however it would intermittently cut out on me for some reason - i would turn down a street, changing down gears the engine wouldnt decelerate, and would completely cut out when i was back on the throttle exiting the turn. pull over, slap into neutral and she would fire straight up again. totally thought i had seized it at first! i gave it prolly 1l of petrol. not much but enough to get a good sloshing noise in the tank, plenty of 2t, any ideas why it might be cutting out? it will idle fine. most of the time it would run through the gears fine at 3/4/full throttle, until you decel and it would keep up in the revs and then cut out. 

i have also discovered a gnarly exhaust leak, i think the thread inside one of the snapped off exhaust bolts must be starting to fail, could the leak cause it to cut out? 

tl;dr it sometimes dies can the internet fix it