Nick's AX100 2 stroke pine

TimShadboltfan27

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

TMC been whipping up some magic in the kitchen....

rswRX2V.jpg?1

done an awesome job, so stoked on it.

so i am tossed up between putting it on asap for impulsive ringdings or being conservative kevin and waiting til after revin (really would like to wait til after july when regos will drop). anyone got a spare header lying around? lel

Pretty sure rego won't drop for motorbikes. It's dropping for cars because the ACC levy is dropping, hence why newer (safer) cars are going to be cheaper then older cars. They aren't going to drop ACC levies for bikes so rego price won't change

HALP

put rear end together (mudguard indicators factory seat etc) and the back indicators arent working. weird cos everything worked fine before i took them off. they are only single wired so im assuming there's no earthing problems?
put front indicators into the rear connectors. they dont work either, so its a connection problem.

probably doesnt help that i dont have a working ammeter/voltmeter to check if i have current etc but i am rly puzzled. havent touched anything since i took them off to put new seat base on. everything else on the bike is functional except these, has anyone come across this problem before? the wiring diagram isnt really helping me either.

EDIT: blown fuse... dunno why i thought of checking until now but what do ya know. hopefully these are cheap/will solve my problem

At least it has fuses to check! Must have been an 80's+ idea.

I have had similar issues on 70's bikes with the flasher relay.

When indicators stop going people usually just buy a flasher (only) unit however some bikes have a relay built into the flasher unit (Yamaha does for sure and looks like this;)

115-83350-62.jpg

Units that are just a flasher are generally the same shape but physically a far smaller cylinder, like so;

$_35.JPG

If this cylindrical device claps out, or has a bad connection no indicators will work at all.

• 1 month later...

finally got round to fitting expansion chamber!
picked up an exhaust to cut up from olds cool autos. drama ensued when exhaust flange bolts were seized. one snapped off, another rounded. 

re-tapped holes and replaced with allen head bolts. grouse.

ol' jimmy from work welded the chamber together. made a swingarm mount out of some steel plate.
sounds unbelievable! like a sawn off shotgun. massive thanks to TMC for whipping it up, came out super lush!

t05LE8y.jpg?1

i want to paint it black as the header is rusty and a bit of surface rust is coming up on the chamber.

have ordered small speedo and clubman bars from modernmotorcycle company. 

next job is relocating ignition and we're away caning!

• Like 1

those chambers sound so good aye. was stoked with mine too. pretty good performance wise too. i find it takes about 10 mins of riding before mine gets properly up to temp and will rev out every gear properly without 4 stroking, but once its there, its happy all day and goes like a cut cat