Trumpnut's Matchless G12

Trumpnut

Did the first EDR in 06 on my BSA A10 then the same bike again in 07 and 08. Missed the 2011 one because I could not get time off work. This one did the last EDR and Born Free.

The Tank was painted by my wife for my birthday right before the EDR. She hand made the Leather bump stop seat.

• 4 months later...

I was able to repair the fork tube so that was good but the motor was smoking to bad to pass. I was unable to find the correct piston rings so I found som for the correct bore size and remachined the pistons to hold them. I also machined the valve guides to run seals.

I just see time ticking away and I plan on riding to the Burt Munro Challenge in Nov. Riding down the South Island by myself. That makes me really want to finish this soon so I have time to work out any bugs before I leave.

. ty00ixiy.vqa.gif
20yb23ot.lyo.gif

• 9 months later...

Well I didn't make it to Burt Munro but I have been riding the piss out of it. Last month while riding back from Lake Ferry I had a bad "ping" that I could not tune out with the manual timing advance. So when I got home I pulled the primary and set up a Deg. wheel to check timing. Glad I did because I found the primary chain master link was missing half of it and three of the chain rollers where broken off. Installed a new chain and reset the timing to 32 deg fully advanced. Well see next weekend if it made those noises go away.

4qk0g3lg.b3c.gif
4qk0g3lg.b3c.gif

Once this is worked out I can fix my car

• Like 3