Yak's '87 GSX400X Impulse.

treggo

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Let it sit for a few days and it only seems to be running on the inner two cylinders. Gonna have to yank it apart Saturday and check fuel/spark. Apparently these have some issues with CDi and this one looks about 30years old. Party.

Let it sit for a few days and it only seems to be running on the inner two cylinders. Gonna have to yank it apart Saturday and check fuel/spark. Apparently these have some issues with CDi and this one looks about 30years old. Party.

Mine did the same thing, one half of the CDI crapped out.

• 1 year later...

^ Yes, and yes.  but need to get it running first.  From what treggo was describing I reckon it's the coil(s) that are stuffed, or just full of moistness.  Really keen to get riding!  Should probably go do my learners test and buy a helmet first.

• Like 3

Can't wait for summer hoooons Joe!

Tonight I disassembled some stuff. Emptied all the lumpy brown coloured sludge that once was petrol from the tank. Might buy a tank sealing kit and see how that goes. Removed various brackets to get cleaned up, such as the battery bracket which was heinously rusty as they always seem to be. Was gonna start testing coils and what not but can't find my multimeter anywhere. Hopefully it will magically turn up tomorrow.

C9003EE0-D9F9-40A9-BB0B-E4C679F87F69_zps

255114BE-3C34-4F87-8C9A-6232F34BFCC7_zps