Radiator Stopleak

igor

Is that the small clear plastic tubes with the loose coppery stuff in it?

I put one of those in the Samurai coz it had a crack in the block (still does)

A week later I had to get the radiator rodded, it had blocked up all but 6 tubes.

It did stop the leak tho...

• Like 2

Probably irrelevant but my mates 2.5 diesel turbo 99 bravo recently had a cracked head gasket. Flushed it out a few times, banged in some chemiweld - flushed it about another 2 times and 4 weeks later it's still running mint.
Do not recommend but will suffice until he can afford to get another head swapped over in a few weeks.

just push it of a cliff and save the persons life your going to take driving around with tractor tires on the steering end of your car. you may not be the one that causes an accident but if you cant stop or steer properly then its your fault too in the eyes of the law . 

bro seriously we have all done questionable car stuff in our lives but you sound as if you know better .  even snow tires would be less dangerous in my opinion 

go to zebra/ pick a part / trade me scrap dealers/crashed damaged cars , and get some second hand tires and a radiator too , that is probably the cheapest way to do it . don't have to spend up large but you have allot of options . 

+1 for chemiweld in a shitbox car you dont plan on keeping forever

i got another 6 years out of a civic of my grandpa's cause i couldnt be bothered fixing a BHG, had to put a bottle in every 3 years

mates VL went for 2 years with the same issue getting caned every day

it does bung stuff up though

• Like 2

pro tip; always take good care of you cooling system in your paddock car.  we have driven my paddock bmw so hard that the wheels have literally fallen off.  but the engine still runs like a dream thanks to the  VL commie radiator 

dsc04383s.jpg

• Like 3

oh thank fuck for that, retract previous statement  (my bad) .

just jam any old radiator in it then. cable tie it in, or fence wire and that will be sweet.  shit someone on here may even have something to donate .

a mazda  demio or something similar. there are quite a few tinny radiators out there .

ta63-1uzze, I take your point about the dodginess of tractor grip tyres for normal road use and there are a number of reasons why I would not make them my first choice including vibration and the excessive noise they make on chipseal. I did actually have some near new road tyres on this car but I put them on my wife's Laser to get it a warrant. Bonus, the rims fitted. I've got a spare radiator from another EN Civic but unfortunately it's a manual one so it doesn't have the trans cooler for the Hondamatic.

In this area when the snow comes it is not unknown to see farm utes fitted with tractor grip tyres in the main street. People around here mostly use their intelligence and drive to the conditions though so it doesn't become a real issue.

Taistorm, Cletus, good to know about the chemiweld. I suspect this car is also in the process of eating the head gasket so I will keep that in mind.