HKM400's 1969 Lotus 7 Series 3

HKM400

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To me it doesn't look genuine, but there was so many chops and changes it is hard to be sure. There are a few give aways though, the front suspension being one, if it was genuine then it would look like this:

shapeimage_8.png

Also the rear shock mounts aren't right.

This however isn't a problem, the number of home built chassis' out there undoubtedly outnumber the real ones, and they get along quite smartly!

Yes I agree rookie, Another opinion has been that it was modeled on a real one and self fabricated with some changes from original. The dimensions are almost identical when compared to a genuine series 2 which was recently sold by one of the guys at mcgregor's. Way I see it is same fun for a fraction of the price!

• 2 weeks later...

Mate!

Go to a place like JA RUSSELS and get decent crimp connectors (nice ones have the heat shrink and glue in them) plus a decent set of ratchet crimp pliers. The crimp tool you have in photos is as good as useless.

I actually saw decent looking ratchet crimp tools at sca For 25 bucks over the weekend.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...