64 Valiants 68 VW Beetle

64valiant

il go for a drive over the next few days around town and do some jobs in it what not and go from there. i used some araldite to glue the gasket in place kinda thing hopping it wont move now. 

are you coming to nats?

yea i quite like the ugly brown. will do the rims that maybe soon and go from there

araldite? hope you can get them off!

no nats for me sorry, I am now that guy whos says " I'm gunna have my car finished for x"  and then doesn't

might take the family up to the bug jam though.

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

a lot of pre-built bagged beams wouldn't be legal in NZ

mainly just some research on how they work and what not....

but on the plus side of things i took the vw for a drive last night.

400kms later and nothing went wrong!!!!!!!!!!!! WAHOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but shit me side ways its loud heaps of rattles and all that other crap so yup time to make it a bit comfier. will add some carpet and heaps of dynamat and fix all the door cards so they dont rattle them self off. 

• Like 2

ragtop? yea why not. nothing better than a challenge.

i couldnt stand it as for my headlining i wont be using a pattern or buying a new one ive got a crazy idea in my head and il leave it till its done to show you all :)

hopefully it comes out as good as i in-vision.

and i just check under my benches at the shop and i have a huge amount of off cuts cut pile carpet. how convenient.......

i might try do this all before bugjam this weekend but we will wait and see how we go........ 

will probably get none of it done lol  

• Like 1

ragtop? yea why not. nothing better than a challenge.

i couldnt stand it as for my headlining i wont be using a pattern or buying a new one ive got a crazy idea in my head and il leave it till its done to show you all :)

hopefully it comes out as good as i in-vision.

and i just check under my benches at the shop and i have a huge amount of off cuts cut pile carpet. how convenient.......

i might try do this all before bugjam this weekend but we will wait and see how we go........ 

will probably get none of it done lol

I'm going to guess

Tongue and groove? Mmmm...rimu?

Do it.

• Like 1

Hahahaha man I LOVE the replica perforated material. Were those dots placed there by hand? Hahaha imagine how tedious that would be!

Yea looks to be hand. Il take it down to work so you can look at it later tomorrow. Made me laugh but I have to say I've done the same to a customers car before as well. Haha

• 2 weeks later...

Nah. Fuck you and your non broken horn ring

:(

I want

:( ima sorry. i can trade you broken horn ring for a good bonnet handle :) how badly damaged is your vw from the other night?

also need to adjust my clutch cable if any one would like to give me a word for word description how to do it before i go drilling more holes in my vw? 

i went shopping like two mins ago and brought some wire brush things for my drill so i can clean all the fluffy crap off inside as well so i can do more upholstery on it.

when i say "i can" i mean i will get the dude who comes in after school to do it so he can earn some money. and its a shit job

• Like 1

It's okay,

I'm just jealous

My bugs okay. Bit of paint transfer. And it bent the bunper brackets and tweaked the guard a bit

I've straightened the bumper brackets. So that's okay

But still Trying to get paint off/ gotta polish scratches out :(/ see panel beater about straightening ripple out in guard

It's okay,

I'm just jealous

My bugs okay. Bit of paint transfer. And it bent the bunper brackets and tweaked the guard a bit

I've straightened the bumper brackets. So that's okay

But still Trying to get paint off/ gotta polish scratches out :(/ see panel beater about straightening ripple out in guard

oh man that is soooo lame about the vw. i think il be up in auckland on thursday so i might pop in and chech out the damage

shit I forgot to bring you my non-busted bonnet handle, give me a yell next time you're up here...

My widened rims leaked through the weld, I ended up putting tubes in them to solve it...

ohhhh thats a good idea. i just have super old tyres that have been laying in my back lawn for the last two years...... so i think they have a few slow leaks in them any way 

and same again i might be up thursday