64 Valiants 68 VW Beetle

64valiant

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

It's out of a 1980s Mercedes. Just what was on the shelf at the radiator shop that kinda fitted and was around the right price. Guy knew it was for a rotary and said this is a half pie decent one. Should definitely keep it cool. Some one had ordered it and never picked it up. 

A Toyota hilux was the right kinda shape and what not but the price was not fitting with in my cheep nasty budget 

• Like 1

no tank in the rear or anything. just straight pipes to the front. got a radiator cap at the front and have a bleed nipple at the top hose just out of the water pump. trying to find a s4 water filller neck which had a radiator cap on top. but seems s5 rx7 have 2 bolt pattern mine has a 3 bolt pattern.

so back to bleep niple for now il find a pic and post it. il have it at chrome if you wanted to gork at it there

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I feel like gregs post didn't do Chrome justice- What an awesome day!

There were a few issues but would have felt strange if there wasn't. 

Dunno if i should share my vids here..Feeling insanely pissed off because a few of them have gone missing/been deleted accidentally

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

i actually sold the rotary engine in November / December. 

It wasn't something i really wanted to do but i kinda suggested it to a dude and he was hella keen and paid what i was asking for it, so i sold it.

the money went on a loan and put me in a better position. 

so she is kinda going into storage for a while and ill rebuild it with a 12a,13b injected engine but build the engine or i might buy new from mazda for a 13b and do it all correct this time instead of over 22 days.

need to sort some things out and do it a lot more correct so i can drive it a lot more freely and on the road. 

i might buy another bug and just not put a rotary in it in the mean time. 

we will see.

but we will see a rotary beetle again that is for sure.

• Like 8