64 Valiants 68 VW Beetle

64valiant

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

145/65, on the rear?! fuck that, I got those on the front, but the back. poor little engine would be screaming to do 60mph.

I might have a handle some where if you want it?

yeah man at 70mph im actually doing 60mph so this is why i want bigger tyres on the rear so thats next weeks job to get steelies widened and bigger tyres.

that would be Amazing if you did have one!! 

when 10speed came and had a look at it the 1st thing he said is the engine is a 1500 (i dont know the difference in anything) so going on what he said it does go pretty sweet thats for sure 

Hey man this is sweet! Your battery reminded me of a funny story from high school Mate of mine had one these ( not sure on the year) but the battery was under the seat. He was shaggin some chick in the back and the seat springs shorted out on the battery and set the interior alight.

haha awkward even more so as it was in the school carpark!

• Like 1

Hey man this is sweet! Your battery reminded me of a funny story from high school Mate of mine had one these ( not sure on the year) but the battery was under the seat. He was shaggin some chick in the back and the seat springs shorted out on the battery and set the interior alight.

haha awkward even more so as it was in the school carpark!

oh sweet so i no this wont be happening now the battery has been movied :) 

I had a rumage through my box of spares tonight and have made a pile of parts that I reckon you should put on the car... free if you want to use them anyway...

steering wheel with complete horn ring and a lot less cracks than the one in your car

handbrake boot (think yours was missing)

new hoodhandle

and a replacement set of interor handles and winders if the 'custom' ones in yours aren't your cup of tea

IMG_20150122_213940_zpsq9crv9t5.jpg

• Like 5

I had a rumage through my box of spares tonight and have made a pile of parts that I reckon you should put on the car... free if you want to use them anyway...

steering wheel with complete horn ring and a lot less cracks than the one in your car

handbrake boot (think yours was missing)

new hoodhandle

and a replacement set of interor handles and winders if the 'custom' ones in yours aren't your cup of tea

IMG_20150122_213940_zpsq9crv9t5.jpg

oh man u are amazing!!! next time im up i will definitely pop in and discuss over some of these options.

specially the steering wheel. your one top bloke thats for sure!

• Like 1

I highly apologise. Was at a car show with a big bunch of mates. flick me a message let me know if your in town.

Allgood man

Was passing through and didn't realise that you were located there. Shop looks good!

What you gonna do with the standard width steels?

For sale?

Allgood man

Was passing through and didn't realise that you were located there. Shop looks good!

What you gonna do with the standard width steels?

For sale?

um just put in the back shed probably and just sell with the car when i sell that one day. 

unless there is a good offer and go to a good home. i do have two complete sets now.

and cheers man pretty sweet spot. il be living there next month so yeah if your ever down again stop in pretty good odds il be there :/

went to nats yesterday and here is why i pulled off the gay sign on the side.

20150125_164614_zpsu3aiymev.jpg

oh and now the stupid bug wont start/dead flat battery. 

mates coming over with multi meter see what its charging at and go from there.

Spotted at Zebra Manukau this morning

IMG_20150126_111027_zpsywmxfozo.jpg

a bit wider and squarer than what would have been in yours originally though...

Dam it only if I was in auckland I would be over them like a rash out of out back in hamilton.

Seems my car won't start at all. I'm picking the starter motor has chucked it self in. It's all I can put it down to. Does the hole click click click when I try turn it over but we push started it the other day.

I thought it was my battery but we had the valiant linked up to it earlier and still just making click click click sound when trying to turn it over.

If any one has a good idea what it might be other than what I have suggested help a brother out.

none of this have you checked to see if there is water in the radiator kinda stuff.

Yeah, could well be the starter. If it's machinegun-esque in nature and gets slower and quieter it's generally a flat battery potentially from a faulty charging system, if it gives a solid click and nothing else it would indicate that the starter motor is jammed or perhaps starter motor solenoid is faulty/sticking.

people say the solenoid can give trouble when putting 12v through a 6v starter, but it's never given me any grief in the years I've done it...  tried putting it in 3rd and rocking the car back and forth?  has free stuck solenoids for me in the past

(btw 6v and 12v ring gears are different if you wind up shopping for a new starter)