Huttarians! info please

Hey guys, so as I'm working out seaview way and living in Brooklyn in town, our lease ends at the end of the month and am definitely looking at moving into the lower hutt region.

Don't wanna go so far as upper hutt as I'll be moving with the mrs who works in newtown so can't be too far for her to commute. What I wanna know is what are the shit areas to live and what's good? Closer to seaview/petone the better!

What is your budget and what is your definition of a shit area? Pretty subjective really.

Most suburbs have nice and bad pockets, but I would generally avoid some parts of taita, Naenae where there are a lot of state houses, but then there are some good pockets there as well. Petone has some good areas, and again it has pockets of gang infested state houses closer to the Seaview end - see what fits your budget and looks like a good street. Western hills are nice but harder to get to trains etc.

Getting along the esplanade onto the motorway is a nightmare in the mornings so somewhere further north where you can get on at Dowse or Melling would be better.

Budget is not really a problem as compared with town prices all of the hutt is cheap as shit to live from what I've seen and by shit areas you pretty much hit it on the head with state house areas Haha. And yeah that's the sort of info I wanna know like what're the bad areas of good areas if that makes sense lol

Your budget will pretty well determine where you can stay, hills are dearer than flats for some reason (to an extent anyway).

Stokes Valley, avoid the upper right and lower left quadrants. Taita isn't so bad since Farmer cres got rolled, but still lots of state houses. Naenae is better the closer you get to town, toward Wingate its a bit shadier

Don't listen to Dell'orto about Naenae.

he is just trying to make the fact he lives in a street of Samalies (im not a rasist, but you know how things can go) better to him self

Woberns good

Petone mostly pretty good these days

Alicetown is porbably better suited for you than all tho

• Like 2

I live on the hills, maungaraki to be exact. Mint up here. I used to live at seaview end of Waiwhetu which was ok but still got broken into twice.

Hills is pretty much family life bro, can't go wrong (towards top of hills u get wind tho)

Petone is aight apart from the 1/4 from cuba and Jackson towards top of esplanade.

Alice town is nice and central and will prob suit you the best. The parrot and jigga is the only worth while drinking hole in Hutt. It's easy to get to from alice town or hills (koroKoro maungaraki normandale turahaunga belmont)

If u wanna buy I'm selling a 4bed with 100 m2 workshop and heaps off street and storage st the mo. It's in Belmont tiny bit over 450 largies to own.

Gaz

yeah the bit you lived in down by the track there gaz has always been a bit iffy.

Bell road that is

My olds live in Fairfeild

have lived there for 20 years

Never ever had a problem

slash I was probably the problem of the neighbourhood with all my cars everywhere haha

Also vivaspeed I think If you looked where brad actually lived you would understand

Good thing he has shitty old corollas instead of Honda on chromes other wise they be gone

• Like 2

Korokoro was pretty sweet when i lived there , but i only lived a 5 min walk up the hill so had the pubs and shops of Petone Within 15 min walk . 
Never had an issue with people taking my stuff , but i had no off street parking , so there was that.

We just moved from chch to petone. Lived here before and cant fault it except the traffic city bound from 730am on and 430pm back. I have also lived in the hills and prefer living lower as hate driving up hills.

My advice would be to take the wahine for a drive on a nice day and decide what looks good to you. Woburn, alicetown, kelson would be my picks but I would happily live any where.