Tech Spam thread - because 1/4" BSP gets 5 hand spans to the jiggawatt

Roman

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Bling said:

I think you'll find the engine has in fact travelled just as far as the rest of the car. Unless it has been replaced.

As for the traffic comment, bit pointless since we don't know either cars driving habits over it's life. A service history at least lets you know how well it's been maintained. I wasn't referring to specifically engine wear, but car wear in general. 

Almost unrelated but I believe Audis and similar provide stats on average speed and idle time etc

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kws said:

Engine hours make a big difference, as does transmission wear in start stop traffic. I wish ODB2 had an engine running timer, i'd love to see how many hours some of the low KM imports actually have. 

Yeah obviously engine hours matter. I regret even suggesting now that higher mileage equals higher wear. Thus why lower mileage cars are worth more as a rule. Which was not considered in the post I quoted. It's being nit picked to death. 

As you were chaps.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bling said:

Yeah obviously engine hours matter. I regret even suggesting now that higher mileage equals higher wear. Thus why lower mileage cars are worth more as a rule. It's being nit picked to death. Which was disputed in the post I quoted.

As you were chaps.

It's only something to look out for on swifts tho

• Haha 1

On 20/08/2022 at 08:15, tortron said:

It's only something to look out for on swifts tho

Just don't forget to count the engine on hours, that is the main thing to look for remember. Check the gloveboxes for Barries 3B1 book with all that data recorded.

• Haha 2

There's actually bugger all choice in cars under 7k in auckland.  I'd go an hour or tow out and get something better for cheaper,  but she wanted a car this week and I don't want to look at every econobox on facebork hustle. 

Says me who buys $800 cars and drives them till they stop

IMG_20220823_144651_edit_65191861283801.jpg

• Like 6

2 hours ago, 87creepin said:

I've been watching a few videos on making 4x4 rear bumpers and tyre carriers

But is there anything to be mindful of welding on a tow hitch, or is it just make sure welds are spot on etc? 

I've made a couple, just be sure it won' fall to pieces. No special inspection unless its a proper heavy vehicle.

• Like 1