• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 30/03/2022 at 19:56, HighLUX said:

Dual batteries was a cold weather option or something

Had a surf with dual batteries running 12v

Was great for parties in the wops could run the stereo all night without going flat

Pretty sure mine just flattens both batteries eh. Honestly not sure how it's set up though as I've never looked into to.

On 30/03/2022 at 17:59, JustHarry said:

Its so toyota could save 300ish* mm of positive  battery cable from one side to the other. Across 11ty billion surfs/prados probbaly ads up to a pretty good saving.

I'd imagine for the factory to jam 2 different batteries was probably less expensive that to ad the extra battery cable.

different batteries may even keep the positive terminal further away from contacting metal body parts, maybe

20 hours ago, RUNAMUCK said:

Silicon hoses versus plain old reinforced rubber,

Aside from one being a pretty coloured, what are the pros/cons of one verses the other? (Thinking for a radiator hose application)

As far as I know good silicon hose is more chemically stable and will resist fuel/oil better. It also doesn't go soft and expand with heat. One of those things that has its benifits with a performance engine but isn't worth the extra cost on a stock engine getting putted to the shops. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, RUNAMUCK said:

Silicon hoses versus plain old reinforced rubber,

Aside from one being a pretty coloured, what are the pros/cons of one verses the other? (Thinking for a radiator hose application)

As above, probably just get whatever you can find.

I'm still running original hoses on the starlet, no idea how much of a timebomb they are but it seems to have had good coolant all its life and there are no signs of crunchiness.

has anyone used a china 4x4 winch?

i want one for my boat trailer, it will live outside with a tarp over it, curious if they actually produce the line-pull that they state

trying to get a runva one but they are pretty hard to deal with.

Capture.GIF

8 hours ago, sentra said:

i want one for my boat trailer, it will live outside with a tarp over it, curious if they actually produce the line-pull that they state

Capture.GIF

Strip it down when you get it cause qc is average and so is sealing especially if using it in a marine environment plus they use sfa grease in the gearbox so pack it full of grease and goop it back up with silicone

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, sentra said:

if the brake is insidethe end housing, it should be fine .
if it in the cable drum, dyneema will melt.

• Thanks 1

Under pressure did my argosheild bottle too. (They're actually a bit odd/not great to deal with imho) southern gas (where I had to open an account to get my cylinder filled) also do testing.

Someone on FB said they could be retested, and @Mr.Mk1 Mrs (who works at Sylvester performance who do bottle filling) chimed in in agreement. 

If this is the case, I'll probably rent my own G sized cylinder and do my own fills. 

On 12/04/2022 at 07:59, sentra said:

Capture.GIF

Imo runva are the best of the Chinese winches.

20220416_101221.thumb.jpg.dde5071b11054f1997126d2da3b55eeb.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1