Tech Spam thread - because 1/4" BSP gets 5 hand spans to the jiggawatt

Roman

Pretty keen to put flush mount tie down anchors in the deck of my ute. (Cant have too many tie down points) 

A quick Google, (holy shit google is trash) brought up these. https://www.supercheapauto.co.nz/p/sca-sca-anchor-point-recessed-rope-mount/386107.html

I'm planning on fitting 6, which is going to get a little bit spendy. 

I do like that the eyes are spring loaded. Should reduce the eyes rattling over bumps in the road. (At least until the springs break, which I'd fully expect them to)

Anyone else go a suggestion?

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I put some bunnings eye type tie downs in my ute , I have places to hide them where they don't get in the way though, they would probably get in the way if they were on the flat floor part  

Cheap though  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cletus said:

I put some bunnings eye type tie downs in my ute , I have places to hide them where they don't get in the way though, they would probably get in the way if they were on the flat floor part  

Cheap though  

Do you have a link to these?

41 minutes ago, Bling said:

Can also get those with the threaded rod attached so can tighten them into nuts on the deck / remove as not needed. All the same junk on AliEx. Comac should have every option you can dream of too. https://www.comac.co.nz/U/Cargo-Control-Rope-Rings

Co-Mac are a great source for hard find fittings for projects, their catalogue makes great reading..............jeeze, I just re-read my post - sounds like I need to get a life! :oops: 

• Like 2

Or theres these rails you can buy with indents and threaded bosses so you slide the boss to where you wanna strap something down then screw on an eye bolt and ratchet things down.

Some way to add those to the insides of the wellside?

I think I might have an outside hoist. I could make a little shed for something like that and shift it out of the way, or I could install something like this

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/marketplace/business-farming-industry/industrial/hoists-jacks/listing/3678152279?gclid=CjwKCAjwoMSWBhAdEiwAVJ2ndoz_tNpzpEJLI3WvZdCEi9TVP9rAQUtA2-lGBI529HDKTa_HVPhBTBoCgIsQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

And move it inside during winter, (tho that ones a bit low at 1.2 ish m) 

Which would be nice because I like to have a clear area there

Or I install a cheap 2 post and cover it in grease and cover the lines etc from the weather, can hang the washing off it

• Like 1

Round 27 in the Holden brake hassles.

Sent M/C back to CBC, came back with no commentory so I dunno if they changed anything.

Made a bench setup so I can test drive it.

image.jpeg.93cd35c3346f6115a88ff5520ac146a8.jpeg

Has special large fittings so using the factory pipes however I can.

After a big round of measuring it's apparent that the booster pushrod isn't poking out far enough. I suspect the reaction disc might have fallen out so I guess it's time to yank the booster out and split it for a look.

Lovely recon booster eh?

P1080490.JPG

• Like 1
  • Sad 1