Tech Spam thread - because 1/4" BSP gets 5 hand spans to the jiggawatt

Roman

There's no axles to put back in

Internet says 

It's fine don't worry about it

If you even think about rolling it with no axles, the wheels will immediately collapse

I drove my ferd 10 miles before the wheel collapsed and I rolled the truckninto a ditch, good, one less ford

I think I will put a threaded rod and some big washers through to hold it together, I don't want a half hour load up turn into all day

• Like 3

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1989 (ish) Nissan caravan 2.7 Diesel . I replaced the fuel filter on one. It had been dropped at customers by AA who insisted it was a clogged filter. Customer got a filter and I replaced it.   It started straight away idled perfectly and drove fine to start with  but a couple of minutes into the test drive it started to falter a few times before eventually clearing its throatand it ran sweet as.  I double checked and just thought it must have been an airlock.  Ran great after that but I told the owner about it and warned that there may well be some other issues rearing their heads.

Customer has just rang and its still playing up. Same thing - fuel staving. Ran sweet for a few ks and then start running out of power.  Still always on all four but like its just not getting any diesel to the main pump. He managed to get it back home after a good rev up.

Its not here right now.  Do they have a separate lift pump from the tank to the filter assembly (located behind the drivers seat on this, cunt of a place) or does the main injector pump draw the fuel through?

I cant think of anything else to look at other than look for possible holes in the feed line that might be drawing air.

15 hours ago, Mof said:

It must dry up or something too because sometimes it's like a dark brown scale, like little bits of tree bark

That's what the stuff I found looked a bit like. I was wondering how the fuck anything like that got in there. 

The cars in question are 19 and 26 years old. A Toyota and a Nissan respectively. Both are second hand imports. Would the appropriate franchise dealer be able to access the required information?

They will only be able to tell you if there is a current recall. The Takata recalls have been going on for years now and are dependant on supply. When I was at Toyota a couple years ago there were some cars that we had replaced the airbag inflator two or three times because they were supplying the old style initially, because a new old style was safer than waiting for the new style.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1