Tech Spam thread - because 1/4" BSP gets 5 hand spans to the jiggawatt

Roman

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

True that, enough parts from one warehouse and it's probably worthwhile. Gone (for now at least) are the days of decent shipping costs on a bunch of parts though. Just added a single wheel bearing to cart, postage $35 lol. Pretty sure minimum postage used to be a lot less than that.

• Sad 1

Possible culprits for a misfire which also cause tacho to drop out momentarily? I'm assuming ignition related rather than carb issue because of tacho dropping. Points, rotor, and cap all recently replaced. Nissan z24 petrol for what it's worth.

16 hours ago, Beaver said:

Possible culprits for a misfire which also cause tacho to drop out momentarily? I'm assuming ignition related rather than carb issue because of tacho dropping. Points, rotor, and cap all recently replaced. Nissan z24 petrol for what it's worth.

Condenser been done?

16 hours ago, Beaver said:

I would be tempted to look at the power supply to the ignition. What vehicle? I've got a few old Nissan wiring diagrams that may help. 

On 15/05/2022 at 17:17, Beaver said:

Possibly failing ignition coil? Arcing may give those symptoms. I had tracking hiding on the underside of the centre HT connector of a coil..

• Like 1

On 15/05/2022 at 17:24, Beaver said:

Oh and @Sambo are you the z24 man? I recall you've got a couple. What timing should I be running? It's been pinging/predetonating a bit lately under heavy load.

I'm running mine at around 10-12* and it runs pretty happily on 91. It'll ping a little bit if I give it full jandal at low RPM, but otherwise fine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tortron said:

Tow dolly a fwd nissan with no axles

Should I put a bolt and washers through the hubs to hold the bearings together when rolling it on/off/travelling

Or don't worry about it

Front wheels on the dolly

Has it got bolt on hubs or the press together ones?

If the 2nd type, can you just put the axles back in and tie the inner ends out of the way so they can still spin a bit?