Tech Spam thread - because 1/4" BSP gets 5 hand spans to the jiggawatt

Roman

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, Willdat? said:

A good mate of mine has become a horsey spouse over the past few years. The float is a tandem axle, with braked axle, 5 stud with a 5" PCD. What are the (hopefully) 14" wheel options, and does anyone have a pair or more available?

HQ holden.

Vauxhall too

Jensen Interceptor, Rover P5, Rover SD1, Ford P100, BMC Farina, Westminster, 3 Litre and some big Vauxhalls like the Cresta and Viscount.

I was looking for some for my trailer, can get new jeep ones in 14" lots of aftermarket options for wranglers, steel and alloy of every size but you will proba ly have to import them

1 hour ago, tortron said:

Vauxhall too

Jensen Interceptor, Rover P5, Rover SD1, Ford P100, BMC Farina, Westminster, 3 Litre and some big Vauxhalls like the Cresta and Viscount.

I was looking for some for my trailer, can get new jeep ones in 14" lots of aftermarket options for wranglers, steel and alloy of every size but you will proba ly have to import them

Probably some in the pile at Horopito

20150904_150441.jpg

• Like 4

Am building a hefty log splitter soon, how do I join my hydraulic ram to my splitting plate without special tools? Not much force should be on the return stroke . Need to be able to rebuild the ram in the future too. Thanks

CADD9246-0AA2-44D1-9427-FCA76AB5598A.jpeg

19 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

Ah sweet guessing normal sharp drill bits will go through the ram with some lube 

probably only the surface is hard. Hit it with an angle grinder first to get through

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Bling said:

If there isn't much force on the reverse motion, could just weld some nuts to a tube and tighten bolts through them onto the shaft. 

like this

Hide contents

done similar with the tipping ram on the scud. capped thick-wall pipe with decent grub screws to lock in position

Put bigger bolts on :P I've never tried the above, but a couple of bolts would create a pretty decent grip I would think? Could always flat spot the shaft where the bolts are and cut the bolt flat too. Can do that if it falls off.