Tech Spam thread - because 1/4" BSP gets 5 hand spans to the jiggawatt

Roman

7 hours ago, 87creepin said:

Does ctek rejuvenate mode really work? Or is it just a clever trick to fool us into buying a ctek charger then a new battery? 

It works extremely well. I have used it to bring numerous DEAD batteries back to life. The science is interesting and makes sense when ya look into it.

10/10 would bang again.

• Like 1

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

56 minutes ago, UTERUS said:

Fletch is bang on with charging advice, redarc stuff is really nice and safe but criminally expensive, keep an eye out for second hand stuff if you're not in a hurry.

Run those panels in parallel, you'll want all the power you can get.

I'd run a 24v winch from the main batteries and run a lithium house, have you got winch already? Unless you find a cheap PTO, that would be super sweet.

PTO is out of the question unfortunately, there is way too much stuff happening in that area to fit it.

I have bought a 12v winch already, just cos it was a good Warn and cheap. There was a 24v one that came up but it was Ironside branded which I think is sold through topmaq so I will a avoid that.

Now that I know the alternator/solar chargers exist I will keep an eye out for one, it seems the go.

• Like 3

Run the winch off the starting battery so that it gets the grunt of the alternator to help it out, if its a legit Warn you should be able to find a 24V motor on ebay.

I have read about guys running 12V motors on 24V, just need to watch the temps and accept they will die sooner.

12 minutes ago, chasinthemirage said:

Where's the best place to go price wise for automotive batteries? Surf has been getting a bit slow to start for awhile and finally decided not to start after work today. I need a NS70MF and a NS70LMF.

@vk327 was potentially offering battery deals.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, kws said:

Grind my gears when people get the wrong battery and you have to pull the cables real taught to make it fit. 

it's good, gives the electricity a straighter shot when the cables are tight, straight and short as possible 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Bling said:

What's the deal with two batteries, and even different ones on a surf?

Its so toyota could save 300ish* mm of positive  battery cable from one side to the other. Across 11ty billion surfs/prados probbaly ads up to a pretty good saving.

I'd imagine for the factory to jam 2 different batteries was probably less expensive that to ad the extra battery cable.

Fuck the consumer 

*May be more or less that's a guess

• Like 2