Tech Spam thread - because 1/4" BSP gets 5 hand spans to the jiggawatt

Roman

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

52 minutes ago, Alfashark said:

What does the OS hive-mind recommend for removing a shitload of tar from alloys/lower door sections that won't root the paint?  Road works crew went overboard on a couple of km yesterday, laying down a good 75mm of extra chip above the tarred surface which has left me with a few extra kg of wheel weights and the black shitty mess everywhere.

I've had good results with the CRC bug and tar remover

• Like 1

Crc 556 works too I think? 

Years ago I had a mint r32 gtst coupe

I went though some concrete splashes that there was no sign for 

When I washed the car a week later I discovered that it wasn't mud 

That really ripped my undies  

That car was a magnet for damage  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So I have an 80w solar panel, a suitable solar controller and various batteries, ie a smallish sealed gel type and old car batteries.

I am thinking of buying a thermoelectric cooler to keep my beersies cold while camping.

I can set the cooler to run off this sort of setup i guess, but I'm wondering about adding functionality by replacing the battery with a decent jump pack, then it will be charged all the time, will run the cooler but could be used as a jump pack.

Is this a dumb idea?

5 minutes ago, mjrstar said:

You know the jump pack is an expensive plastic box with some leads coming out the top and a sealed agm battery inside yeah? 

Yea I guess when you put it like that. I had yet to make the logical connection that I could use a start battery as a......    jump battery.

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, tortron said:

those two dark patches are burnt or are they smoo? you might have arcing from the boot happening or soemthing as well

Yes the 2 dark patches are burnt, I am thinking of getting a new coil, this coil came with the ignition module and its hard on ignition components

Electrical question.

if I'm using fused relays, do I need to run circuits through a fuse box first? Would prefer this for simplicity. 

Or is it better to use regular relays and a separate fuse box? 

Will use relays for fuel pump/fans/ignition box /etc  

20220228_104414.jpg