Tech Spam thread - because 1/4" BSP gets 5 hand spans to the jiggawatt

Roman

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok spam gurus.

The wifs 09 Accord started blaring the horn constantly all by itself yesterday morning. I would have been impressed if it wasnt raining and I was in my pjamamas.

Stopped when I put the key in and turned to ACC or maybe ON. I gave the horn relay a jiggle and same for the steering wheel button then went and had my breakfast only for it to happen again. I have since pulled the fuse to silence it, and put a new relay in just in case the existing one failed. Any other ideas? I am reluctant to put the fuse back in and have it go off while I am not around.

Not too keen to go messing with the steering wheel due to airbag bits but is it likely the clockspring could be shorting something.

7 minutes ago, ajg193 said:

Just don't bend anything when changing the bearings. My flatmate replaced bearings in his old simpson 5 years ago and bent the spider. Washing machine always shook like a bastard after that until it finally exploded.

Judging by youtube, it's a PITA to take apart with plastic clips one the outer drum.

Yeah I did Mine and failed cause didn’t have the correct tool/press to pulled it all the way back in, used the pressed metal pulley to help but didn’t line it up properly and damaged the squared off  “key” 

oh and they will have 8-10yrs worth of human scum inside- pretty sure that’s simons favourite bit 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, 87creepin said:

How to get fart canny car less fart canny? Say Honda, Altezza, etc

I'm guessing good headers, same amount of resonators as factory, avoid cheap muffler. 

Decent muffler plus resonator, headers were probably fine factory so are fine now. It's usually turd mods to exhaust that case the problem.

• Like 1