Tech Spam thread - because 1/4" BSP gets 5 hand spans to the jiggawatt

Roman

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, tortron said:

Bart, the pain of you skulking about to get some grommets, when an entire box can be delivered to you overnight, is unbearable 

Thanks buddy. 

29 minutes ago, RUNAMUCK said:

/guess i owe someone a handy/panhead?

Just spend that money on another box of grommets next time mate. 

• Like 6

I need to buy some long shank nuts to suit the hotwires I just bought for my Marina. I haven't used or bought shank nuts before, so I presume I just need the outer diameter to be a close fit in the hole and as long as I can fit without bottoming out on the hub? Are there any precautions I should take since the wheels will be nut centric not hub centric?

Last time I bought some , the most economical way was to get them from super cheap

But yes, snug fit in the holes, and not longer in the shank than the wheel is thickness wise 

And steel washers. 

Also if you are getting close to bottoming out the nut, make sure the wheel stud doesn't taper out at the bottom. I've seen that happen and the nut got stretched bigger at the shank end, making it very difficult to get back out of the wheel...

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, dspec_tt131 said:

Today I absolutely wrecked my fuel hard line at rear of car to the point where I need to trim it back and start again. Are cheap flare kits a no go? I only want to do this job once because scorpion back and 30 year old shit in eye sucks

20210808_132315.thumb.jpg.d70fae98481ae2634bae4dc4fcabb618.jpg

Don't use a cheap flare kit IMO. I tried one for brakes and it sucked so much a bought an old used one that was so much better.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

has anyone ever repaired or gotten parts for these cheap vices? turns out this baby is a holdin' vice not a crushin' vice, i stripped the main nut on it. the nut is a barrel and plug thing cast together, I see this type of vice for sale all the time so presumably someone's dealt with this shit before

20210804_193158.jpg.b872af8f94fc59d0f4f3bd3da87976bb.jpg

in the meantime yo dawg i heard you like vices, heres some vice grips to grip yo vice while yo vice grips... (seemed to do the trick at least)

• Haha 1