Tech Spam thread - because 1/4" BSP gets 5 hand spans to the jiggawatt

Roman

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 21/07/2021 at 22:56, chasinthemirage said:

Semi ling but not really worth starting a thread, has anyone mucked around with the Holden 3.8 motors? Pretty keen on another fun car but priced out of VL's, VN SS' etc. Seen a few people in Aussie with turbo 3.8's, anyone done it? Just want a fun street car that I could do the odd skid in/take to the drags occasionally. Thinking 255's, LSD and a turbo (just want it to do hektik doses tbh). Sound plausible or nah? Also inb4 V6's are yuck.

Buick turbocharged those engines in the 80s with good results. Or get a superchizzled one and swap whiny boi for spoolie boi. Look up what the yanks do with the buick V6. It's madness 

• Like 1

Rubber grommets/bungs etc.. 

Wheres a good place to buy em?

I visited the local rubber merchants (who I fucking despise intensely) this morning.  Everything in their inventory is imperial.  Less than zero use on my build. 

What's everyone's go to? 

22 hours ago, RUNAMUCK said:

Rubber grommets/bungs etc.. 

Wheres a good place to buy em?

I visited the local rubber merchants (who I fucking despise intensely) this morning.  Everything in their inventory is imperial.  Less than zero use on my build. 

What's everyone's go to? 

What sizes you need? I take it Para failed to provide the necessary?

Jaycar have a few (6mm wire: https://www.jaycar.co.nz/9-5mm-rubber-grommets-cable-dia-6mm-pk-8/p/HP0702)

And you can raid my junk bin,

or on Monday try electrical suppliers like ideal: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ideal+Electrical+-+Christchurch+Sydenham/@-43.5488826,172.6370553,15z/data=!4m9!1m2!2m1!1selectrical+supply!3m5!1s0x0:0x8af6f693f78e208f!8m2!3d-43.5417008!4d172.6309181!15sChFlbGVjdHJpY2FsIHN1cHBseVoTIhFlbGVjdHJpY2FsIHN1cHBseZIBF2VsZWN0cmljYWxfc3VwcGx5X3N0b3Jl

or Redcliffe: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Radcliffe+Electrical/@-43.5338968,172.6347574,15z/data=!4m9!1m2!2m1!1sradcliffe+electrical!3m5!1s0x0:0xd55b399a3a24c6a8!8m2!3d-43.5355638!4d172.6485419!15sChRyYWRjbGlmZmUgZWxlY3RyaWNhbCIDiAEBkgEVZWxlY3RyaWNhbF93aG9sZXNhbGVy

On 31/07/2021 at 13:06, RUNAMUCK said:

I literally only required like 5 grommets. I dont want anything other than exactly the ones I need.

Yes I want them Naow.

What size do you need?, I have some that fit about a 30mm hole plus I might still have some that fit about a 10mm hole, did have some big ones but not sure if I can find them, they are ex factory early Mazda ones.

Edit, I read you wanted bungs, also have grommet, they are about 20mm od

25 minutes ago, waspman said:

What size do you need?, I have some that fit about a 30mm hole plus I might still have some that fit about a 10mm hole, did have some big ones but not sure if I can find them, they are ex factory early Mazda ones.

Edit, I read you wanted bungs, also have grommet, they are about 20mm od

Another person closer to home has said they'll check their stash. I'll report back once I hear back.

On 02/08/2021 at 22:06, RUNAMUCK said:

Another person closer to home has said they'll check their stash. I'll report back once I hear back.

Thanks OS!

A box of grommets was just delivered.  Not sure who you are?

Not latex rubber/silicone for a change. (Which is the norm for mystery packages from OS users)

• Like 2
  • Haha 3