Tech Spam thread - because 1/4" BSP gets 5 hand spans to the jiggawatt

Roman

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, RUNAMUCK said:

3M aluminum foil tape smoothed over really tight, and sprayed with colour match paint. 

I literally once fixed a rust hole in an AP6 regal in that exact spot by doing that. 

You didn't fix it, by the way. 

• Like 5

Oh you guys.

Is using drum brakes a couple of times enough to set them in place to adjust the handbrake? I recall moons ago being told to not adjust handbrake till drums had been used. Yes I could google, yes i'm a diddle finger mechanic.

Sweet thanks. 

Handbrake would be handy before I hit the road, so they are potentially centered after I bled the whole lot then. Just saves me having the chock that thing erryday. Will give those methods a hoon. 

• Like 1

guys got a 4g64 that starts sometimes and not others

when running it sounds ok but will stall out

sometimes when turning, reving up the engine, or letting it drop to idle

when starting it sounds to me like its kicking back on the starter, jambing it up sometimes and the solenoid clicks, eventually it will start

hes done a bunch thinking its electrical issues (new alternator, engine grounds, fuel filter, air cleaner, throttle body, coil, reman ecu, starter, ign switch) i cant stand doing that jfc

anyways my internet diagnosis im thinking its timing from how it kicks trying to start it, jambing back on the starter so it doesnt return propperly (rather than being another starter issue)

it seems to run ok when running, so how does a bad timing belt/tensioner/balancer sound. so when the belt is slack its timing is out and it kicks back, engine eventually starts up and some tension is applied to the belt and it runs ok until the revs change and drop and the timing wanders again